Bodywork - Gareth Kidman (MGTurbo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bodywork - Gareth Kidman (MGTurbo)

If anyone is looking into getting some minor bodywork done on their car or panel spraying, I am very happy with the work that Gareth Kidman has done on my car (It was well worth the 3hr trip each way). I will certainly be going back next time I need some work doing.

If anyone does enquire about some work getting done by Gareth, don't forget to mention it was this post/the work seen on my car that persuaded you. You never know he might give me a discount on the next lot

Attached are the before pictures and here is the link to work in progress I will attach some finished pictures when the weather is better.

Edit:- I would just like to provide a futher update to this post. After the car had returned home and the paint had settled I noticed that I had a crazy paving effect underneath the lacquer in all the areas sprayed, most noticeable on the hatch. I was promised this would be rectified, but nothing every came about to date. However the colour match was good if you can live with crazy paving. I believe the new owner has since rectified the problem, so I am very keen to see my old car at shows this summer. So unfortunately my happiness turned to unhappiness
    Attached Files
    Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

Gareth has done some excellent work on my Maestro and will be doing some more soon.

Comment

I am looking to get a bit of work done on My MG Maestro, Rust rear...

As Gareth come recommended, How would one contact him And where is he located?

I am in Cheshire and not afraid of distance.

mickey

Comment

Yep Gareth is highly reccomended although no longer able to use this forum at the mo so don't expect a reply from him on here best bet is to e-mail him mgmaestroturbo@hotmail.com

He's based in Suffolk by the way but is mobile (at a price! lol)

Comment

Originally posted by MGJOX
          He's based in Suffolk by the way but is mobile (at a price! lol)

Maybe I should invite him over when the other half is having her Birthday Party. ALL THOSE GIRLS, Chicken Drumsticks, And Beer!

Thank you for your response..

Mickey

Comment

Originally posted by J399KGV
            Maybe I should invite him over when the other half is having her Birthday Party. ALL THOSE GIRLS, Chicken Drumsticks, And Beer!

Thank you for your response..

Mickey
            if thats what your offering, how about inviting all of us. :laugh:
            Tony Hague

A clear enthusiast - or a nutter?

Comment

Originally posted by tony
              if thats what your offering, how about inviting all of us. :laugh:
              All those capable of sanding, rubbing, filling and spraying whilst under the influence and being able to gain a respectable finish..... step this way

All those capable of getting a better result whilst under the influence.... or can cook using a bbq --------- I have a spare room or two

Oh!! by the way :laugh: bring your own WD40

Mickey

Off topic - I remember seeing a Mr bean episode (Xmas Party) When he cut a few twigs off a tree outside his window and covered then in Marmite to resemble "Twiglets"

Comment

I can vouch for gareths work, he done some bodywork on mine and its excellent, Im just waiting for him to do a bit more for me. I can send photos of his quality of work to anyone whos interested.

Comment

Post them up on here for us all to see! I am hoping to take mine back in the spring to get the last bit of visible rust (bubbles on the bottom of the doors) done. I also must get round to taking some photographs of the finished work as well.
                  Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

Comment

Yeah, Gareth is highly recommended. See above, or even below!

Comment

I have now managed to get to the car and take a couple of pictures of the finished work. Here they are...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Countryman King!!!

1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

Comment

Can't see anything Did you mean to post some pics?

Comment

Originally posted by Skatiechik
                            Can't see anything Did you mean to post some pics?
                            Apologies... Oh what a nightmare computers can be! In the middle of writing a lengthy post earlier and the whole thing freezes and my post above looks rather sad with nothing in it! :laugh:

Lets try again...

I just wanted to show you all the pics of my Countrymans rear end after GKAutoworks has done me proud and totally renovated it for me. Many of you will have seen my Countryman and will know how shocking the rear arches and tailgate were. Gareth has painted me a new tailgate, rear bumper and replaced the rear arches, petrol filler pocket and most of the inner wing, to such a high standard, I really could not have got a better job elsewhere. He even managed to re-make the original decals as these are NLA.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend his services to anyone who is looking to get bodywork done. His skills are a credit to our cause.

Take a look at the pics (slightly dark due to the weather and old bumper showing in pics, not new one.)...

and before...

1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

Comment

Looking very nice. I hope the rest of it is coming along too.

Hopefully it will be looking 'mint' for the Club stands next year, especially if 2005 events are to focus on the Montego as mentioned in the related thread in 'Announcements & Feedback'

Comment

Working...
                              X