White Diamond or Arum White?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Diamond or Arum White?

Looking to get some paint to do a few touch up jobs. and am trying to figure out paint codes.

my white MG Maestro Efi was registered 04/03/1988

1984-1987 was Arum White
    1987-1988 was White Diamond

Was there a revamp/facelift? how can I tell if mine is pre/post? what are the differences?

Should have the paint code on the VIN plate, but (this is a guess!) yours will be White Diamond, as it has the caps - I'm guessing it's not actually badged EFi on the boot either, it's probably badged 2.0i instead, but I could be (and are often!) wrong, but Arum White is a much creamier white, more similar to Rover's later Old English White, whereas White Diamond is a much more white white, if that makes any sense at all?

Comment

good point, will post pics in a minute

Comment

Comment

Looks like White Diamond, to Steve.

In this case your VIN colour code should be NMN.

If it's NMF, it's Arum White or if it's NME it's Ermine White.
          Steve Worsley

R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
          VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
          J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

Comment

Originally posted by MaestroSpecial
            Looks like White Diamond, to Steve.

In this case your VIN colour code should be NMN.

If it's NMF, it's Arum White or if it's NME it's Ermine White.
            thanks MS, do you know what the differences are between the 84-87 and the 87-88 models?

Comment

From what I remember, when I had Doreen (EFi) and my 2.0i together, the differences I could see were:

The dash is different (Doreen had the Maestro badge in the centre where (I think!!) I've got my foglight switch
              Doreen had red carpets whereas the 2.0i had grey ones
              Doreen had standard cheesegraters whereas the 2.0i has the caps (or the rare optional divisive Dish alloys)
              I'm fairly sure that Doreen has manual adjust mirrors whereas the 2.0i has electric heated ones
              I think the instruments are slightly different - Doreen had the brake pad wear light come on as well as the handbrake warning light when you pulled the handbrake, I'm fairly sure the 2.0i doesn't do this (could be my memory being bad, could be Doreen's electrical nightmare?)
              Doreen had the earlier style cam cover, the 2.0i has a later ribbed one (I think Doreen had a 20HC engine, and the 2.0i has a 20HD one?)
              The 2.0i cars had a few different choices of paint, I know that Stone Grey and Atlantic Blue were only availiable 87-88
              I think the stereo choice was changed, as my car had the R681, supplied from new, but I think (this is a very cloudy memory!) the EFi came with an earlier range of Philips stereos...

If I think of any more, I'll add them in!

Comment

Working...
              X