Maestro Van

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maestro Van

I am the owner of a Maestro diesel van - a former London Fire Brigade emergency vehicle no-less! It's my second Maestro van, and it was in pristine condition when I bought it a few years ago, having been well maintained. Sadly a couple of weeks ago (Valentine's night, in fact) it was stolen from my drive. Although it's been recovered, and is now sitting in my garage looking very sorry for itself, I need parts I cannot get. Can anyone on here help me out? I need a new ignition key barrel etc. (these are available new, but only with a complete set for the doors as well - I don't think I want to buy a full set for £200 when they can be broken into with a screwdriver - I'm going to try Solex locks). I also need a new sump - the little so-and-sos who stole her grounded her in a muddy lane, and it's very badly dented.

Of course the insurance company would like to write her off and give me £500 minus my excess, but I don't want to see her scrapped.

Any help, advice or leads on parts gratefully received. Ta.

There was a lock set on ebay the other day going for about £20.
    Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Beaker
      There was a lock set on ebay the other day going for about £20.
      Thank you - I'll take a look

Comment

Dont know where you are in suffolk but theres a breakers nr Fakenham with a few MMMs in including a van. Hes only open sat pm and sun am at pres but hes very cheap,oh and plus he has 2 deisels in for your sump though there in undergrowth!

Cheers

Russ

Comment

Originally posted by Russ
          Dont know where you are in suffolk but theres a breakers nr Fakenham with a few MMMs in including a van. Hes only open sat pm and sun am at pres but hes very cheap,oh and plus he has 2 deisels in for your sump though there in undergrowth!

Cheers

Russ
          Thank you ever so much for that - I'll look into it!

Comment

Best of luck with fixing it! My worst nightmare is getting damage i can't find the parts for - makes me drive VERY carefully!

Comment

Originally posted by BikerGran
              Best of luck with fixing it! My worst nightmare is getting damage i can't find the parts for - makes me drive VERY carefully!
              I'm guessing the people who stole it just wanted to load it with stolen stuff and then dump it, so I'm probably lucky it wasn't torched.

Comment

The number for the yard near fakenham is 01328 823 258 its near south creake on the the road to Burnham Market.
                Is there still a problem with skip rats stealing our cars? I have a decent alarm and immobilisor but put a heavy chain with a decent padlock through the steering wheel and under the seat crossmember,that way scum doent need to try out my electronic security they can see it!

Cheers

Russ

Comment

parts

Originally posted by flower
                  I am the owner of a Maestro diesel van - a former London Fire Brigade emergency vehicle no-less! It's my second Maestro van, and it was in pristine condition when I bought it a few years ago, having been well maintained. Sadly a couple of weeks ago (Valentine's night, in fact) it was stolen from my drive. Although it's been recovered, and is now sitting in my garage looking very sorry for itself, I need parts I cannot get. Can anyone on here help me out? I need a new ignition key barrel etc. (these are available new, but only with a complete set for the doors as well - I don't think I want to buy a full set for £200 when they can be broken into with a screwdriver - I'm going to try Solex locks). I also need a new sump - the little so-and-sos who stole her grounded her in a muddy lane, and it's very badly dented.

Of course the insurance company would like to write her off and give me £500 minus my excess, but I don't want to see her scrapped.

Any help, advice or leads on parts gratefully received. Ta.
                  Ive probably got both of what you are after. If you don't have any joy locally let me know.
                  Thanks

Comment

Good luck with changing the sump, I had to do that job a while ago, it was a real grimy job!! Take a quick bath in oil before and you'll hardly notice the difference!!

There was a sump gasket on ebay a while ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ
                      The number for the yard near fakenham is 01328 823 258 its near south creake on the the road to Burnham Market.
                      Is there still a problem with skip rats stealing our cars? I have a decent alarm and immobilisor but put a heavy chain with a decent padlock through the steering wheel and under the seat crossmember,that way scum doent need to try out my electronic security they can see it!

Cheers

Russ
                      According to the chap at the vehicle recovery place, it's always 4x4's vans or sports cars that get stolen round here. I've been here over 10 years, and had never had more than my lorry siphoned a few times. Now I'm going to have a security light put up, and yep, I might just go for that chain idea! Thank you for the phone number - I'll give them a ring.

Comment

Originally posted by countrydude
                        Good luck with changing the sump, I had to do that job a while ago, it was a real grimy job!! Take a quick bath in oil before and you'll hardly notice the difference!!

There was a sump gasket on ebay a while ago.
                        He he! I'm not doing that! I have a local garage who seem happy to do the work for me - they just can't get the sump new - although the gasket is still available.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGLAD
                          Ive probably got both of what you are after. If you don't have any joy locally let me know.
                          Thanks
                          Thank you for that - I might well be in touch.

Comment

Working...
                          X