Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolen MG Maestro

Good afternoon all,
    A friend of mine recently had his MG Maestro 2.0 Efi stolen. The car went missing from Sunbury on Thames in the early hours of Sunday 13th February.
    The reg is H377MOF it is in good condition and is metallic green in colour. Unfortunately the documents were in the car. If anyone is offered it, the owners Tel No is 07811509999. name Nigel. Alternatively I can be reached by e-mail and relay messages. He has owned the car for only two weeks and was looking forward to bringing it back up to spec. He is not a happy bunny so any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Could a mod please sticky this for a couple of weeks please.

I'd keep an eye out on e-bay and the local free adverts papers if I were you.

Good luck with the search I'm sure our members will keep an eye out for it.
    www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
    www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
    www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Ive noted it , and its in my wallet .

Was that other one found some one posted ? i cant find it . when i change pages on the forum on to page 2 it shows the same links:S

Comment

Originally posted by dave plested

Unfortunately the documents were in the car.
        Why Oh Why do folks do that?

Hope your friend sees it again .... slim chance .... they tend to torch them ... just for fun!

Comment

Any news on this yet?

Comment

Stolen MG Maestro

Good afternoon all. Just to let you know, I posted a message back in February regarding my friends' stolen MG Maestro H377MOF. Believe it or not it has been found!! About a mile from his house. Not too much damage, stalks broken off, barrel hanging out, steering lock smashed. Insurance company is being difficult but other than that, not too bad.
            Many thanks to all who noted the details and were kind enough to reply.
            Cheers Dave

Comment

I am glad it has been found and I am glad their wasn't too much damage.
              Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

Comment

Remember if you need some parts to put it back on the road that the people on here (or the club itself if you are a member) can provide lots of assistance.

Comment

MG Maestro found - Hoorah!

Originally posted by dave plested
                  barrel hanging out
                  I have a spare ignition lock and barrel with a key that you can have for free - you are welcome to it as I would like to help keep your MG Maestro on the road.

My advice would be to fix it up yourself and not trouble the insurance company who will want it to be crushed.

I repaired my 1.3HLE a few years back with similar damage when some oiks tried to steal it. Quite easy to do with a screwdriver and some paitence.

Comment

Originally posted by matthewsemple

I repaired my 1.3HLE a few years back with similar damage when some oiks tried to steal it. Quite easy to do with a screwdriver and some paitence.
                    Do you mean easy to steal or repair it? Or for that matter both

It is an easy job to DIY it if you are having grief with the insurance company.

Comment

Poor security on Maestros

Originally posted by E_T_V
                      Do you mean easy to steal or repair it? Or for that matter both
                      Yes both! I can swap an ignition barrel on a Maestro in about five minutes - it really is very easy. You'd spend longer listening to the Pan Pipes if you tried to call your insurance company.

My advice get a big disklok - much better than the manufacturer's steering lock and get an immobiliser. MG Maestros are now very attractive to joyriders. They're fast, easy to steal and the police don't bother trying to recover them.

Comment

Another vote for a disklok here too. The best 120 quid I've ever spent

(I bought two - one for each of our daily drivers)

Comment

Yup vote for disclock here too

All the other types of locks are carp - the ones that go over the handbrake/gear knob are incredibly easy to get off, and the ones that attach to the steering and have a long bar just help them break the steering lock!

Comment

Nice to see it found..

Just add a number of switches in

Comment

Originally posted by F915-NWC
                              Just add a number of switches in
                              Don't forget to post pictures so we all know where they are...

Comment

Working...
                              X