Austin Montego 1.6HL in Time Warp Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austin Montego 1.6HL in Time Warp Order

I have recently been in touch with a gentlemen in Southend who is looking to sell a 1986 Austin Montego 1.6HL in silver leaf. The vehicle is in exceptional condition and is the only one in this lovely colour that I have seen for years. The car I am told had one elderly owner for most of its life and has covered a mere 58000 miles. The does not currently have an MOT. I was interested in this car for my own collection but have since had my fingers burnt at home reminding me that I have too many already!! I'm seriously gutted about that, especially since receiving the pictures but you can't win them all. I am very keen for this car to be re-homed to an enthusiast. Should anybody be interested, please PM or e-mail me and I will put you in touch with the seller.

Thanks
    Attached Files
    1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

Montego HL

That's one lovely Montego! Hope it goes to an enthusiast and get's looked after.

Montyboy, is that how you describe a good car? 'Fit_Monty' :laugh:

Good luck.
    Steve Worsley

R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
    VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
    J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

Comment

Originally posted by MaestroSpecial
      Montyboy, is that how you describe a good car? 'Fit_Monty' :laugh:
      I have to admit, ones like this do get me going! :laugh:

Comment

That's a lovely-looking car. Another lovely-looking one...

No room at the Inn, though, sadly.
        Rich Smith

"Joe", aka "The Ryton Express", aka E838 VJO. Peugeot 309SR main car
        "Kryten", aka A560 SCW. Left hand drive MG Maestro 1600 'R' second in command
        "Fleagle", aka F929 NNA. Montego 1.6L saloon stored, status "doubts set in"
        "Cracow", aka CCW 925Y Maestro Vanden Plas - the oldest known to the Club stored, status "will fight another day - eventually"

You can email me here

Comment

that is one nice monty if only i had the room and oh of course the money as well

Comment

Austin Montegos like that are getting so hard to find, lets hope somebody here gets it. What colour interior? Being silver I supose it could be any of the 3 available..... Has it any factory options or dealer accesories? (other than metalic paint)
            1994 Maestro Clubman TD 215K and counting!
            WANTED! Maestro steel sunroof '86 on - any condition!

Comment

This beautiful car has just been rescued by myself. It was due to be scrapped next week due to lack of interest and I simply wouldn't hear of it so I raced down to Southend today to save it from the clutches of the crusher. It really is the most pristine machine I have seen in years and puts all my other cars to shame. There isn't a spec of rust anywhere on the whole car and the engine and interior are literally like brand new! Job done.

Comment

Originally posted by MG1600S
                Austin Montegos like that are getting so hard to find, lets hope somebody here gets it. What colour interior? Being silver I supose it could be any of the 3 available..... Has it any factory options or dealer accesories? (other than metalic paint)
                The interior is a really nice very light grey velour (not the plastic backed type like early ones) and is spotless. It has electric mirrors which i think was standard on this model, no other features uncommon to this model.

Comment

Excellent Stuff, Ed!

Can you post us up some better pictures, I'd like to see just how nice it really is!

Comment

Originally posted by Austin-Rover
                    Excellent Stuff, Ed!

Can you post us up some better pictures, I'd like to see just how nice it really is!

Indeed, on Monday and Tuesday, I will be photographing this car against the best Essex countryside. This car can only really be appreciated when it appears at shows this year.

Comment

Glad its gone to a good home. Certainly a car that would fit in well this year, there are plans for our stands to be... ...very Montego-orientated in 2005.

Comment

Time Warp

Well done Ed. You now have both a 'Time Warp' Maestro and Montego both in the same colour!

Looking forwards to seeing more of it soon.
                        Steve Worsley

R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
                        VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
                        J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

Comment

Mmm that really is a fit Monty! Great find Ed!

Comment

Well done that Man! The silver leaf cars seem to hold up well against mother nature trying to reclaim her own.. see below.. good eh.

Comment

Silverleaf cars

I think the early cars with the better steel (see previous posts!) that were finished in metallic stand a better chance. This may be because of the lacquer. Especially true of cars that were bought by elderly owners and kept in their garages.

Comment

Working...
                              X