Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Won best saloon at Auckland Castle classic car show :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Won best saloon at Auckland Castle classic car show :)

To say I am ecstatic is an understatement, wasn't expecting it at all, well except I arrived late and the cars I followed in were getting lined up in sequence on the drive way to the castle and the bloke in the high viz stopped me when I tried to follow suit and said follow me I have a special place for that. I thought or no, going to be stuck under a tree some where here. Instead, as you can see in the photo, I was put right in front of the entrance to the castle. The second photo shows me receiving the award from Bishop Auckland's mayor. Reception to the car was as always amazing. Some people look in disbelief in actually seeing one lol. I even got flagged over by a taxi driver on the way home as well as the usual thumbs up off people, not the first time that's happened either.

MG Maestro Turbo #500
    BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
    Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
    Rover 218vvc Coupe

well done car looks stunning
    MG Maestro turbo 437
    367 Bhp

Comment

How things change Well done!

I remember going to an local MG classic-car day with "badge engineered" whispered so that's really good to hear

Looks amazing!
      1989 MG Maestro Turbo #413

1986 MG Maestro EFi - Dead but still here
      1985 Austin Maestro 1.3 L - Dead and in heaven

2001 Rover 75 CDT (Daily Runner)

Comment

Thanks I no, it's a much loved car by everyone now even though it's "only" 26 years old. Seems to me its because of the cars rarity that it has gone up in popularity.
        MG Maestro Turbo #500
        BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
        Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
        Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

Working...
        X