MG Montego for sale - needs saving!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Austin-Rover View Post
    The rear screen and quarter-lights on Montegos are bonded and as such you'll need a professional from likes of Autoglass or Auto Windscreens to come out and replace it. They should also bring with them a replacement plastic trim surround for 'round the window. They are prone to braking on removal/refitting.
    Thanks for that mate, I'm awaiting a call tomorrow to see if the quarter-light can be replaced quickly (but I doubt it), and accept that a professional would need to fit it because of what you said.

I'll be honest with everyone now, when I heard that the car ''was in an accident'' tonight, my heart sank and although it's not the cars fault, I'm thinking negative already and thinking all the wrong things about it, although I should'nt be I know....

Comment

My parents live in Moseley, about 4 miles south of where this car is stored. If you can get it to them it can be stored on their driveway.

Comment

where is the car at the moment? birmingham area?

Comment

why not go and drive it back? it has an MOT, surely taxing it will be cheaper than arranging a recovery?

Comment

Evening guys and thanks for the further posts.

I'm still waiting to see if Kevin has had any joy with the window, will find out in a bit.

Lankytim - Well what can I say but that is a very kind offer mate and is very much appreciated. Are you sure this would be no trouble for you or your parents? I'm going to speak to Kevin in a short while, I'm sure he could drive the car to Molesley if need be. Atleast the car will be safe at your parents for the time being and that is great to know. I'll send you a PM when I find out in a bit then, I'm really grateful for your help.

Ozzienpg - Car is near Spaghetti Junction Birmingham, I guess that's a couple of hours away from us. The recovery was going to cost £170, by the time I tax it, insure it, fuel etc I thought it would just be easier to trailer it back, incase the car has a problem we don't know about, but I think with an MOT it should be okay to drive. If the car should go to Molesley for the time being, then yes I would drive it back, tax can be cashed in if need be aswell.
            Going to send you a PM reply now mate.

Thanks again

Comment

Right, here goes then.

If it can be placed in the care of Lankytim's parents I can collect it on the 12th March.

It can make its way south to Tidworth on the 13th.

Then have its last dolly journey to Kingswood between the 14th-17th.

All I ask is you cover my fuel costs (I estimate £45)

Cant do it any sooner as with the van engine swap not started yet and the BMW towbar still in the post I only have the wifes Disco for towing... And I know what the answer is about borrowing that

Give me a PM if I can be of any help.

Lee
              Current Fleet.

1981 Metro 'S'
              1985 Metro MG Turbo

1986 Maestro MG (GOING TURBO)
              1989 Maestro MG Turbo '#370'

1988 Montego MG Turbo 'SAD'
              1988 Montego MG Estate 'F700'

1995 Land Rover 110

2004 Rover Streetwise Td

Comment

get it here Lee, we can do it with the 130 for the last leg

Comment

Just waiting for the PM, He may have other plans.

With a little lighter right foot I reacon I could do it for £40 of diesel. Not bad for 280-290 miles..... Towing!!
                  Current Fleet.

1981 Metro 'S'
                  1985 Metro MG Turbo

1995 Land Rover 110

2004 Rover Streetwise Td

Comment

Many thanks for the reply Lee, that's a truly great offer and help.

I'm just on my way out (late already!) but I will send you a PM later tonight, let you know what is what mate, but that really is fantastic of you to offer your help.

Will PM you in a while then.

Cheers,

Matt

Comment

If the 'Dolly' is empty then its always on offer to any member, new or old. Same with the van, if I am going there or even near ish to there and I have the space its always available.

Its the least I can do for fellow forum members for being entrusted with such a very rare car.
                      Current Fleet.

1981 Metro 'S'
                      1985 Metro MG Turbo

1995 Land Rover 110

2004 Rover Streetwise Td

Comment

Have you got the car now then?
                        1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                        1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
                        1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                        2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
                        2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
                        2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Not yet, its apparently being delivered to my parents drive on Sunday now.

Comment

I was going to PM you Matt, but I may as well say it here.

Its LANDED on my parents drive and apparently it LOOKS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My dad is the typical Victor Meldrew glass half empty type but even he said how nice it looked. Careful Matt, the last car I left on my parents drive for any amount of time they decided to keep- a Volvo 740 estate 4 years ago, they still have it!

Comment

Hey Tim,

Well that's great to hear that it is finally out of the yard and is in the care of your parents. That it Looks great aswell is brilliant, I can't wait to see it myself! It certainly sounded a nice one from what I was told by Kevin.
                              Well it's a good job the MOT and logbook arrived here this morning then so that'll help me fight your dad for it then lol!!! I'm pleased he had good words to say about it and that they don't mind the car being on their drive.
                              Again many thanks to you and your parents for their help.

Because of this car, I decided today not to bid on or buy the other BRG one that has just finished on ebay. Myself and Ozzienpg also had a look at that car today aswell, and I would'nt mind betting my car is going to be the better one. It was okay, but I had made up my mind not to go for it after seeing it.

Thanks again Tim.

Comment

Hey everyone, is this getting collected this weekend? No problem, only if it is I need to let my parents know.

Comment

Working...
                                X