Spray cans for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spray cans for sale

I have just bought a job lot of Holts Spray Cans with the following Austin Rover colours (many of which were used on Maestros and Montegos)

These retail for £5 in motor factors and many are now NLA. Basically I am looking for £2 for each one but as I am only trying to cover the cost if I get enough interest then I'll drop the price to £1.50 especially for bulk purchases. I appreciate that some colours were unpopular at the time and not used on our cars so those that I have left I may have to sell at less than I paid for them or worse throw them away.

Please e-mail me with what you need and what quantities and I'll post again in a few days with a final price. It will be first come first served and please indicate whether you can pick them up at MG Saloon Day on Sunday 4th July. This will save me having to charge postage as well and mess about with jiffy bags.

Colour Nr
    Arum White 2
    Astral Blue 1
    Atlantic Blue 3
    Azure Blue 3
    British Racing Green 2
    Burgundy 2
    Casmere 2
    Champagne 3
    Cinnibar Red 2
    Clove Brown 2
    Denim Blue met 3
    Eclipse Blue 2
    Ermine White 1
    Henley Blue 2
    Lipari Blue 3
    Monza Red 1
    Moonraker Blue 3
    Nightwatch Blue 3
    Opaline Green 4
    Oyster Beige 1
    Pearlescent Carribean Blue 3
    Pearlescent Nightfire Red 3
    Pulsar Silver 1
    Sandalwood Beige 3
    Shantung Gold 1
    Snapdragon 1
    Steel Grey met 3
    Stone Grey 3
    Tara Green met 1
    Targa Red 2
    Tempest Grey 3

I bet you have a fantastic demand for the clove brown!! :laugh:

Comment

Can i reserve the two cans of Targa Red please?

Comment

I'd like the two cans of British Racing Green
        (if it's ok for a relative newbie to jump in on such a popular colour)

thanks

Comment

Hello,

I'd like to reserve the Azure blue cans - That is if anyone can confirm that the colour code on the VIN plate (JNJ) is, as I believe, Azure Blue.

Thanks

TIm

Comment

No Flame Red '89, or Midnight Blue...
            Steve Worsley

R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
            VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
            J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

Comment

Answer to questions

Originally posted by Katana550
              That is if anyone can confirm that the colour code on the VIN plate (JNJ) is, as I believe, Azure Blue.
              JNJ is Zircon Blue I am afraid! Similar but not the same as Azure. What reg is your car? - Zircon was used from 83-84 and then Azure came in after.

Originally posted by F170GGT
              No Flame Red '89, or Midnight Blue
              Sorry Steve!
              Last edited by matthewsemple; 23rd May 2004, 19:36. Reason: correcting mistake

Comment

Originally posted by matthewsemple
                JNJ is Zircon Blue I am afraid! Similar but not the same as Azure. What reg is your car? - Zircon was used from 83-84 and then Azure came in after.

Sorry Steve!
                Ah, thanks for that.

That explains why my previous (but newer) 1.3LX was a similar but different colour. This car is a C reg VdP.

Tim

Comment

Could I place dibs on the cans of Azure Blue then please?

And what shade 'Grey' was used on the lower half of a 1988 Montego coloured Azure Blue over Grey? The Body Colour appears to be RTF on the VIN Plate... Can I bag the appropriate shade of Grey if it is available?

And what colour 'White' was used on a 1983 Maestro VDP? I don't have the car nearby but can go and check the VIN Plate this week. If memory serves, it was Ermine White? And can I please reserve the appropriate shade of white as well?

Thanks.
                  Rich Smith

"Joe", aka "The Ryton Express", aka E838 VJO. Peugeot 309SR main car
                  "Kryten", aka A560 SCW. Left hand drive MG Maestro 1600 'R' second in command
                  "Fleagle", aka F929 NNA. Montego 1.6L saloon stored, status "doubts set in"
                  "Cracow", aka CCW 925Y Maestro Vanden Plas - the oldest known to the Club stored, status "will fight another day - eventually"

You can email me here

Comment

Reply to queries

Originally posted by e692wtt
                    Could I place dibs on the cans of Azure Blue then please?

And what shade 'Grey' was used on the lower half of a 1988 Montego coloured Azure Blue over Grey?

And what colour 'White' was used on a 1983 Maestro VDP?
                    Hi Other, other Rich,

1. Do you want all three Azure blue cans?
                    2. You need Hurricane Grey - which I don't have
                    3. Arum White was used on 1983 Maestros so do you want both of those?

Comment

Originally posted by matthewsemple
                      Hi Other, other Rich,

1. Do you want all three Azure blue cans?
                      2. You need Hurricane Grey - which I don't have
                      3. Arum White was used on 1983 Maestros so do you want both of those?
                      Hi, thanks for that. Errm...

1. One can of Azure Blue will be fine, if others want some as well (the car is due a respray of at least the lower half up to the windows).

2. D'oh! :laugh: Ah well, that is useful to know, thanks. *makes note on piece of paper*

3. If it's Arum white then please can I have both of those? (Because it's a solid colour I would be more likely to do repairs anyway than on the metallic colour)

Cheers
                      Rich Smith

"Cracow", aka CCW 925Y Maestro Vanden Plas - the oldest known to the Club stored, status "will fight another day - eventually"

You can email me here

Comment

Queries about colours

3. If it's Arum white then please can I have both of those? Cheers
                        Yes a Y-reg Vanden Plas in white will be Arum White - I have put you down for both and one Azure Blue.

And just out of interest for others - post facelift cars (in colours like Flame Red, BRG, etc) had Tempest Grey at the bottom and I have three of those.
                        Last edited by matthewsemple; 23rd May 2004, 20:35. Reason: adding detail

Comment

Ok, cheers for that!
                          Rich Smith

You can email me here

Comment

Hi, thanks for that. Errm...
                            2. D'oh! :laugh: Ah well, that is useful to know, thanks. *makes note on piece of paper*
                            Rich, as luck would have it, I have 3 cans of Holts hurricane grey, one can is ever-so slightly used because I sprayed the bottom half of my Corgi model with it! If you want them you can have them at the price above...

Just PM me...

SR
                            You can contact me by clicking here.
                            Owner of E760 DRY - Mk. 2 Shantung Gold Maestro Vanden Plas 2.0 EFi

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done. - Sir Peter Ustinov.

Comment

Paint

I picked up all the cans today and I will be sending out e-mails with the postage details to all those people who have reserved them.

I am waiting until Saturday to do this because I have also got a huge number of touch-up pens in Austin Rover colours that will be sold at just 75p each (RRP £2).

I will list all the colours of the touch-up pens and then send an e-mail with my details to those who have expressed an interest.

Comment

Working...
                              X