Engine: 1275cc A+ series
    Transmission: 5 speed manual

Previous Keepers: 5
    Mileage: 98,388
    MOT: July 2010 (12 months)
    Satus: SORN

Price: £425 ono.

Good Points:

Enthusiast owned for six years. Good replacement engine fitted in 2008, along with a new clutch plate, alternator, coil, CV boot gaiters, exhaust rear section, front valance panel and MG front spoiler. Shortly before this, it had new front shock absorbers, brake pads and tyres - all of which are very good as there hasn't been much mileage added since.

The car now has a 5 speed manual gearbox, with correct gear knob fitted. The linkages have been adjusted and tightened, so the gear change is tight and precise - almost 'as new'.

The interior is excellent. Headlining was replaced with a good, used item from a donor car. It has a couple of dirty marks here and there, but is held perfectly in place and does not sag. The seats are also very good, showing no rips or tears or major staining. The dashboard only has a small crack of about 1cm next to the air vent at the front, but is otherwise superb.

I have installed a later instrument pack (White and red) with working tachometer. To match, the rest of the illumination has been changed to orange which looks great and also more modern. In October 2008, I also fitted a new remote central locking kit, which comes with two fobs, both with spare buttons for arm and disarm for an added security system, should you wish to fit one.

The car has just passed yet another MOT with no advisories. Emissions were:

CO: 0.192% / 3.5%
    HC: 141ppm / 1200ppm

Bad Points:

Offside rear passenger door has a blister of rust behind the decal, which has not changed in my six year ownership. The arch>sill joins have a little bubbling, but nothing major. The wheel arches are solid, as they are the second set on top of the original set, but have been re-painted in places due to a small amount of bubbling. There was no serious corrosion found when doing this.

The rear valance area has been repaired and filled due to a light shunt the car was involved in before I bought the car (roughly in 2000). The only evidence of this is a rounded-off valance, where it is usually flat. I do have a brand new replacement rear valance (rare) for sale if needed.

Although the car had no advisories at the MOT, I would personally suggest the rear tyres are changed if travelling long distance. The tread is very good, but slight cracking has appeared over time.

Summary:

I would like my first car to go to a fellow enthusiast who will look after it as (or better than) I have for the last six years. I wish I could keep it safely into the future, but unfortunately I don't have the space. More photos available on request. Viewings are welcome, please contact me by Private Message or email to f170ggt@hotmail.com.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by D87SMW; 11th July 2009, 21:19.
    Steve Worsley

R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
    VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
    J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

Dont mind me asking ,steve,why you selling mate,it looks a beauty that..

I think you wont get many in that nick,,but good luck with the sale,its very cheap at that price

Ive just noticed that your m.o.t says new,but dates july 2009,should that be 2010??

1991 MG Rover Montego Turbo A8 OGE(BORED WITH IT)
    1994 Rover Montego Countryman M444ALP (SOLD)
    1997 Peugeot 806 roland garros (AT LAST,A DECENT MOTOR!!)

Comment

Thanks. I just need the space really.
      Steve Worsley

Comment

Thats a beautifull car ..if only i had the space and money.
        you should have no probs selling that.i wouldent let it go to anyone but an enthusiast.

Comment

Clean and tidy that. I've seen much worse ones going for that price. Hope you're sure about what you are doing, I know you were planning to sell a while back. Your N-reg one's a beauty though.

1989 MG Maestro Turbo no.399

1994 Maestro Clubman Turbo Diesel

Comment

Steve you are sure about this?

That car is lovely and i do hope she goes to a good home. Anyone who buys this have a good car on their hands. If i lived down the road i would buy that straight away as its reasonably priced and the condition its in is amazing someone who does buy it are onto a bargain.

Comment

Originally posted by Olympic View Post
              If i lived down the road i would buy that straight away
              If you're seriously interested in it, Shropshire to the Greater Manchester end of Lancashire is hardly the equivalent of John O'Groats to End's End...I'll be travelling twice as far as that on 19 July just to attend a show.
              Last edited by G51 NAV; 9th July 2009, 21:55. Reason: spooling misteek
              Regards
              John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
              MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Originally posted by G51 NAV View Post
                If you're seriously interested in it, Shropshire to the Greater Manchester end of Lancashire is hardly the equivalent of John O'Groats to End's End...I'll be travelling twice as far as that on 19 July just to attend a show.

Honestly from my own tongue i don't know a thing about travelling round i am really rubbish at things like that.

Plus the condition of her is like new and knowing me i wouldn't even want to go out in it because i wouldn't like to spoil the bodywork. It would be best if someone who brought the car knows what there doing.
                Also another thing i'm after that other Maestro which is Automatic and i probabley won't have room for two Maestros and an Astra i know our area well and someone will comment on having three cars on the driveway.

I do truly hope the car goes to a good loving home.

Comment

Originally posted by G51 NAV View Post
                  I'm not far from the M60 Ring, M602 and the M6 it links to.

Any enthusiasts interested? I'll shortly put it up on other sites, the last being eBay...
                  Steve Worsley

Comment

the trouble with advertising cars on this forum is that it's like selling sand to Arabs.

There will never be a time when I won't think you are making a big boo boo for reasons we have already discussed away from here. But good luck, whatever you do.
                    Regards
                    John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
                    MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Originally posted by malpas820@hotmail.co View Post
                      Ive just noticed that your m.o.t says new,but dates july 2009,should that be 2010??
                      Now edited, sorry! Don't know what day it is...
                      Steve Worsley

Comment

Is there anyone in your area who are Maestro fans? Perhaps you could ask them if their interested in buying the car.

Comment

Sadly not, I've just had to help sell a Maestro that was local to me. Thankfully it went to an enthusiastic new home.

Any interest? I have listed on AR-Online and Car & Classic, but avoiding eBay.
                          Steve Worsley

Comment

I know this is unrelated to the sale of the car Steve but would you consider having another Maestro in the future? If not how about a Montego?

I know another place you can try to put your car in Classic Car Weekly.

Comment

Originally posted by Olympic View Post
                              I know this is unrelated to the sale of the car Steve but would you consider having another Maestro in the future? If not how about a Montego?

I know another place you can try to put your car in Classic Car Weekly.
                              I already have a fantastic example of a Maestro (currently on 3k miles), which won't be going anywhere. I am of course on the lookout for something else, though - most likely a Montego, preferably a saloon. I'll see how that goes...
                              Steve Worsley

Comment

Working...
                              X