wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheels

here's one for you, what is the larges size wheels that i can fit to a maestro without having to change the wheel studs. i want to make the vehicle a little higher and this seems the cheapest way to do it. regards david:laugh:

How high do you want to make it?

Ledbury spec suspension is the highest standard suspension out there.
    www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
    www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
    www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

wheels

only a couple of inches. my wife is disabled and the extra height would make it easier to get in and out.:laugh:

Comment

Maestros are very high already. If you increase the rolling radius of the tyres (bigger tyres), then the speedo will read incorrectly. 2 inches higher isn't going to be easy to do as that'll mean a 100mm diameter change on the wheel which is large and is likely to cause rubbing issues.

What I'd be tempted to do is fit ledbury/diesel spec shock absorbers with the larger pan height and fit 14 inch steel wheels with the largest profile tyres you can (usually 82), although some commercial tyres are taller. You can fit diesel springs too but they'll also be harder than the originals and might make the nose higher than the back if it is a light engine up front. If you want to go higher than that then you'll have to start modifying stuff.

Comment

Can't get much higher than a Ledbury/Bulgarian Maestro. My mum has trouble getting into mine because of the height. When I started driving it again after my standard 1.3 Maestro, it felt like I was sitting on top of the car!
          Steve Worsley

R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
          VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
          J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

Comment

Yes I used to trip over the sills and fall into my van when it was standard height.

Comment

wheels

thanks everyone suspension it is. would they be advertised as susp. for ledburys? and would i have to go to a main dealer to get them. on ebay they are only advertised as maestro suspension. regards dave:laugh:

Comment

:laugh::l

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh: :laugh::laugh::
                Last edited by MaestroTurbo; 11th February 2009, 17:24. Reason: :laugh::

Comment

wheels

is that a yes or a no?:laugh:

Comment

Hmmmmmm................a Maestro Streetwise in the making??
                    1983 (Y) MG 1600
                    1985 MG EFi with digital dash (owned since 1987)
                    1987 700 City 1.6 Van
                    1988 Tandy camper 2.0D
                    1990 Advantage, just 29k on the clock
                    1990 Clubman D
                    1990 MG 2.0i (spares donor)

(all Maestros)

Daily drive: Rover 25 GTi

Weekend rave: Honda Civic Type R GT

Current projects: Allegro 1.7HLS, Allegro Equipe

Comment

just bought a set of new gas shocks for my monty turbo. Was going to buy spax adjustables from Rimmer Bros ( they have adjustable seats to adjust height!) but nearly £500.00 for a set! Found a place called Camskill Performance who stock KYB (Kayaba) shocks made in Japan. Surprisingly the rear shocks were £10.50 each! Fronts were 27.50 each inc vat. The whole lot came to £85ish inc delivery! Can't even get one rear spax for that! I went for lowest ride height seat pans front and rear ( KYB ref 333223 front and 341106 rears) but you'll want the highest (KYB ref 333075 front and 341103 rears). As a comparison 333223 seat pan measures 250mm from bottom bolt hole of strut wheras 333075 measures 264mm. 341106 seat pan is 157mm from bottom bolt hole wheras 341103 measures 181mm! I think Moto-build used to supply KYB with their uprated kit, and I know that Triumph motorcycles used Kayaba forks and shocks in the 90s, so must be good. Camskill don't give yo the seat heights, found that on a site that had a Kayaba catalogue from 2006 I think. Printed the details off anyway, so if anyone wants to know seat height for KYB let me know.
                      sigpic
                      63 MG6 Magnette TSE 'Union Blue' Brand new!
                      'G' MG Montego Turbo 'Rover Wimbledon Green' owned since 97'
                      '56' MG ZTT160 Silver (GT56ZTT) Now sold
                      '05' MG ZR115TDSE Red (Hers)
                      'W' TR7V8 Will be 1980 Manx Tarmac Rally Replica
                      '56' Buell Firebolt XB12R Blue/Gold
                      'H' Montego 2.0SLX Turbo White (H11RBO) sold

Comment

Changing just the shocks will give you a small increase in ride height (assuming you are already using the lower height). But it will be a small increase for the time and money spent. For the most cost effective way of raising the car slightly I'd get some suspension and wheels from someone breaking a diesel car. This has the taller suspension, stiffer springs (thus will be slightly higher in a petrol car), and also the wheels which will be 14 inch steel ones.

Comment

Originally posted by MaestroTurbo View Post
                          :laugh::laugh::laugh:
                          I have to agree, it is one of the better ones on here!
                          :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Maybe a conversation about suspension and wheels isn't actually funny?

You seem to want to laugh about everything you say, if someone does this in real life they are either running on uncomfortable levels of nervous energy or they are mentally deranged.

Maybe tell a few jokes and then we can all laugh?

Comment

Originally posted by countrydude View Post
                            I have to agree, it is one of the better ones on here!
                            :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Maybe a conversation about suspension and wheels isn't actually funny?

You seem to want to laugh about everything you say, if someone does this in real life they are either running on uncomfortable levels of nervous energy or they are mentally deranged.

Maybe tell a few jokes and then we can all laugh?

Not quite sure why he has to use the emoticon so much, but its actually bordering on slightly irritating. Is he making a mockery of us all?

Comment

Damn!! Does anyone know how to un-delete emoticons?
                              Jonathan Sellars

1987 MG Maestro 2.0 EFi
                              2011 Jaguar XJ

Comment

Working...
                              X