This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maestroman23 View Post
    sorry thats wrong...in british law the only driving offence that nullifies motor insurance is if the driver is disqualified which i'm not... had one conviction in the last 5 years doing 35mph in 30mph zone
    The police said you had no licence so it's not insured. And I think you will find if you had an accident your insurance company would revoke the policy so therefor your not insured as it shouldn't be on the road with you driving it. No tax, no MOT and no licence.

i dont think you could do it for £50 and thats what ive been quoted but thanks for inquiring
    A quote to pick up from somewhere in England is £50, happy days then
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 14th December 2014, 21:09.
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Originally posted by charliecosworth View Post
      Shouldn't of been driving it on pubic road without tax&test, wouldn't of been happy if you ran in to back of me!!
      eh mate been driving 40 years and not had an insurance claim for or against me yet...about 3 times people have bumped into me but we've sorted it ourselves cash in hand because thats the way some people like to operate

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
        The police said you had no licence so it's not insured.

A quote to pick up from somewhere in England is £50, happy days then
        i was nicked 1 mile away from my house..luckily!

i said ive got a licence but its been revoked unknowing to me..i cant help it if they dont contact me...they have my V5 so they know where i live..if bailifs can find me easy enough why cant they?

Comment

All you have to pay for now is the storage fee of something like £235 ish and a daily charge.
          Best of luck

Comment

A crime is a crime, simple. I run 6 cars constantly and legally. If you can't afford or be bothered to keep it legal then hey ho, let it go.

You come on here asking for advice and help which great lads are trying to do by assisting with the trailer tasking and you are knocking them back thinking they are just out to grab your van.

You obviously don't know Mal and Jeff too well as they are genuine and would of helped if possible.

TBH, I like to help out but as others have asked the location is crucial for trailer assistance. Maybe even the insurance assistance too as people know of friendly brokers in their areas who might of helped with some form of cover.

Personally it could be on the doorstep to me but I wouldn't be helping in this matter after seeing how you trivialise your actions.

Regards

Lee
            Current Fleet.

1981 Metro 'S'
            1985 Metro MG Turbo

1986 Maestro MG (GOING TURBO)
            1989 Maestro MG Turbo '#370'

1988 Montego MG Turbo 'SAD'
            1988 Montego MG Estate 'F700'

1995 Land Rover 110

2004 Rover Streetwise Td

Comment

All you have to pay for now is the storage fee of something like £235 ish and a daily charge.
              Best of luck
              i wish i could but the police wont let me have it until i get my licence updated..i sent it off last thursday by 1st class recorded delivery but still no signature for it on royal mails tracking system..i bet they say they never received it..there in with the police to rip us off

Comment

i wish i could but the police wont let me have it until i get my licence updated..i sent it off last thursday by 1st class recorded delivery but still no signature for it on royal mails tracking system..i bet they say they never received it..there in with the police to rip us off
                No mate, if the car gets crushed then you only have yourself to blame. Simples.
                You drove on the road fully aware that it wasn't taxed or MOT'ed and got caught. The licence thing is another matter.
                As Lee says we tried to help but there you go.
                Best of luck with it

Comment

No mate, if the car gets crushed then you only have yourself to blame. Simples.
                  You drove on the road fully aware that it wasn't taxed or MOT'ed and got caught. The licence thing is another matter.
                  As Lee says we tried to help but there you go.
                  Best of luck with it

anyway my van is booked in for a MOT this week..its only DVLA and the police holding things up...its a pity you cant update your licence on line without all this identification bollox! i dont have a passport which they seem to favour has ID...besides in the good old days you were given a couple of weeks grace to get your road tax..they are going to get their december tax money anyway because you cant get out of it unless you declare SORN

Comment

if you have a photo card licence you need to renew it every 10years or loose it. thats the way the law works

Comment

Originally posted by BIGDAVE View Post
                      if you have a photo card licence you need to renew it every 10years or loose it. thats the way the law works

listen it was fine how it was before all this biometric bollox...were we the people consulted about changing it? no some spotty faced little twerps sat around a table to think how can we complicate the motorists life...if i had my way id string up all the politically correct beaurocratic ******s and the world would be a far better place to live...

Comment

and another thing its cost me £50 to switch to a card licence...robbing gits!

Comment

listen it was fine how it was before all this biometric bollox...were we the people consulted about changing it? no some spotty faced little twerps sat around a table to think how can we complicate the motorists life...if i had my way id string up all the politically correct beaurocratic ******s and the world would be a far better place to live...
                          Any more language like this and I remove the post.
                          Everyone else's fault but yours eh.

Comment

anyway my van is booked in for a MOT this week..its only DVLA and the police holding things up...its a pity you cant update your licence on line without all this identification bollox! i dont have a passport which they seem to favour has ID...besides in the good old days you were given a couple of weeks grace to get your road tax..they are going to get their december tax money anyway because you cant get out of it unless you declare SORN
                            MOT won't happen unless you pay up to get the van out first, and all other things that the police/DVLA need prior to that. And you didn't sorn it either?Their the bad guys aren't they for taking the van away.

And I suppose that's also someone else's fault and not yours for driving it illegally and following simple road laws.
                            You could always blame the cat for making you move it in the first place, yeah I'd blame the cat
                            Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 15th December 2014, 06:45.

Comment

You see, what you should have done is insert a cat flap in one of the rear doors. Put a cat tray down with some litter so it could have gone, in house, so to speak.
                              Then you wouldn't have had to move it, result eh
                              There you are we could have helped before you had to move it, should have asked.
                              And the funniest thread award goes to...........
                              Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 15th December 2014, 18:47.

Comment

Jeff has this guy wound you up?
                                MG Maestro turbo 437
                                367 Bhp

Comment

Working...
                                X