The Classic Motor Show at the NEC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Classic Motor Show at the NEC

The Club had a stand at this year's Classic Motor Show. I'll post some pics when I get time, but here's a link to AROnline's review of the show, which features Montegos - http://www.aronline.co.uk/blogs/ar-c...or-show-round/

Wished I could have gone to this, keep missing out.

Comment

One of, if not the best show around.....

Comment

Was a brill 4 days from the set up to the breakdown
        Russ on the stand created loads of interest and we had many added bonuses through the 4 days.
        Russ Swift reminiscing
        Dennis Chick, who was the main press officer in launching the Montego, John is following up on this for more info
        Making contact with the owner of the Montego Graveyard
        Cake cutting
        Lots of old friends and new ones found
        My car in loads of pictures all over the net
        Good conversation and laughs all over the period
        TV etc created lots of interest
        All 3 cars looked great
        The stand had a carpet that was very green
        Tanya, John and Richard in costume
        Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 19th November 2014, 12:38.
        1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
        1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
        1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
        2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
        2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
        2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Great show and good to see a lot of genuine interest on the club stand.

Ray
          MG Montego efi C928TBL - Moonraker blue
          Austin Montego Mayfair C943KOE - Clove brown
          MG Maestro 2.Oi H352MOF - Black

Comment

Really sorry I couldn't make it this year. I was off on my hols for a week straight after the AGM.

By all accounts and judging by the pictures I've seen around the 'net looks like the game was raised yet again for these cars so well done to all involved - I do know how tiring it is and the amount of planning involved! I get the impression that generally there were some very good quality displays this year?
            Jonathan Sellars

1987 MG Maestro 2.0 EFi
            2011 Jaguar XJ

Comment

An enjoyable show with some great car club displays and individual exhibits to drool over. However, I am surprised there was no mention/prominent details of the club's attendance at the N.E.C. on the MMOC's website. As I could find no reference to it, not even under 'Events & Meetings', I assumed you did not have a stand this year, so did not make a point of looking out for you.

I actually did not find your stand, nor did my 'other set of eyes', which was rather disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by David3500 View Post
                An enjoyable show with some great car club displays and individual exhibits to drool over. However, I am surprised there was no mention/prominent details of the club's attendance at the N.E.C. on the MMOC's website. As I could find no reference to it, not even under 'Events & Meetings', I assumed you did not have a stand this year, so did not make a point of looking out for you.

I actually did not find your stand, nor did my 'other set of eyes', which was rather disappointing.
                I think you make a very fair and valid point. I've just joined the committee to help with events and hope to improve this. I would also like the club to have a presence at more show, publicise this more, have more member's cars on the stands and to generally involve more of the membership in the events. If you have any ideas or suggestions, please let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanya View Post
                  I think you make a very fair and valid point. I've just joined the committee to help with events and hope to improve this. I would also like the club to have a presence at more show, publicise this more, have more member's cars on the stands and to generally involve more of the membership in the events. If you have any ideas or suggestions, please let me know.
                  If you need any help with anything let me know, would like to see the club out there a lot more!

Ray
                  MG Montego efi C928TBL - Moonraker blue
                  Austin Montego Mayfair C943KOE - Clove brown
                  MG Maestro 2.Oi H352MOF - Black

Comment

Originally posted by edders1690 View Post
                    If you need any help with anything let me know, would like to see the club out there a lot more!

Ray
                    Absolutely! I'd love some help, and ideas Thank you very much for your offer Ray.

I'm determined to get the club out and about and seen more, but I need help from you guys (your cars, yourselves and your ideas) to make it happen.

I'll start an events type thread over the weekend where everyone's ideas and thoughts about what events you would like to see the club at/be part of, and how you would like to be involved

Comment

Originally posted by Tanya View Post
                      Thanks for your reply, Tanya, it is much appreciated.

I will certainly put forward any ideas and suggestions I have for additional events or for simply raising the profile of the MMOC at events in general.

Even more so since the MG M Group decided at its recent AGM to finally 'close the doors' after 20 years. A sad sign based on falling membership and also a lack of commitment of many existing members to 'get involved', leaving it just the same few who now have other more demanding work and family-related commitments, which means they can no longer devote the necessary time. Therefore the role of the MMOC is even more vital to promote the appeal of MG 'M' cars for enthusiasts such as myself.

Comment

Originally posted by edders1690 View Post

Ray
                        Me too!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Express Valeter View Post
                          Me too!!
                          Ah but problems if one drop of rain is going to drop
                          1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                          1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
                          1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                          2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
                          2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
                          2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

mmoc

Tanya ,with my [very] limited, know how, and computer ability what I do is therefore limited, however through a member Rob Tyrell [on the Wirral] we attended the Standard Triumph day, [again on the Wirral] , as Rob had been requested to try and get our club to attend, if it hadn't been for Steve Worseley who managed to get the clubs banner ,no one would have known who we were, i would be more than happy to attend more events, but I don't think we have the regalia , [at the moment] to spread out as it were. When Oli has sorted the merchandise side ,we will be better placed, and better dressed. Agree with David that we need to post more advertising, sad to hear about MGM, which I was a member, some people are natural organisers ,you are one of them, and Richard Gelder / Oli , Simon, Linda are first class and excellent too, i will help in anyway I can next year [north of England ,preferred ], ,i think if David could be persuaded,[sorry David ] to supply his expertise, etc, we could be on our way. I attended the A G M at Gaydon good turn out ,many thanks to our committee.
                            Beware of strange Japanese waitress bearing fortune cookies

Comment

If any of you are on Twitter, club events and shows are also announced on there. @mandmoc

Comment

Working...
                              X