This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Montyboy
    Hmm, can't see the plate very clearly. I would expect France or Germany or somewhere similar but lets be whacky... Bristol?
    No - not France or Germany. This should give the game away!
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by matthewsemple
      No - not France or Germany. This should give the game away!
      1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

Comment

An Ex-Soviet Bloc country?

Comment

Montegoski

Originally posted by Austin-Rover
          An Ex-Soviet Bloc country?
          Getting warmer!

Comment

Russia?
            Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

Comment

Getting warmer!
              I'm not going to guess any further for fear of exposing my terrible geography knowledge! :laugh:

Comment

Birmingham?

Comment

Tescos?

Comment

Czech Montego

The two Skodas should have given it away. I was in the Czech Republic last week and I saw the car in the Old Town square in Praque. It was registered with Czech plates and a CZ sticker in the rear window.

Comment

The two Skodas should have given it away. I was in the Czech Republic last week and I saw the car in the Old Town square in Praque. It was registered with Czech plates and a CZ sticker in the rear window.
                      Arh, all becomes clear. Did you manage to rescue the Monty and bring it home? :laugh:

Comment

Was it in Bury?

Edit: my inbox has just had 3 emails indicating 3 replies including the answer... Ain't hindsight and reading the answers wonderful??? Aargh, fourth reply in.

I would have guessed Switzerland, as the sticker in the back window looked like Csomething , the reg plate didn't look french or spanish, and mention was made of the GTD moniker.

But CZ... you got us there. The fact it is surrounded by Skodas means very little to me, sorry...

Clearer pics would be good next time, if you could oblige? :laugh:
                        Last edited by e692wtt; 12th November 2004, 23:50. Reason: 3 replies while writing this..., nope, 4 while editing...
                        Rich Smith

"Joe", aka "The Ryton Express", aka E838 VJO. Peugeot 309SR main car
                        "Kryten", aka A560 SCW. Left hand drive MG Maestro 1600 'R' second in command
                        "Fleagle", aka F929 NNA. Montego 1.6L saloon stored, status "doubts set in"
                        "Cracow", aka CCW 925Y Maestro Vanden Plas - the oldest known to the Club stored, status "will fight another day - eventually"

You can email me here

Comment

Austin Rovers in Czech Republic

Arh, all becomes clear. Did you manage to rescue the Monty and bring it home? :laugh:
                          No the photo is all I have of it! I also saw a Rover 827 Vitesse and a few Rover 75s.

Comment

Spoken like a true monty maniac!
                            www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
                            www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
                            www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Originally posted by E_T_V
                              Spoken like a true monty maniac!
                              Absolutely, the anti-biotics were no use! :laugh:

Comment

Today was a good day at the local scrappy.....
                                Is anybody is familar with "Looms", just off the A52 Derby?

Get yourself there for a mint, I mean PERFECT Montego with sunroof headlining -on a 2.0SLX Saloon in Atlantic blue.

Also I had a big raid on a G Reg MG Maestro 2.0i, 26k miles!, but rotten, donated a stunning interior for my Maestro Turbo......
                                Attached Files
                                1994 Maestro Clubman TD 215K and counting!
                                WANTED! Maestro steel sunroof '86 on - any condition!

Comment

Working...
                                X