Please help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help?

Hiya all, my the distributor end on my maestro turbo has come out of he camshaft. I understand this should be an easy fix but I wanted to know where it lines up? As it's spun round so many times I have no idea where it was? Some help
    Would be great! Cheers, jake

Very common this, am sure with all timing marks lined up, rotor arm should be facing cylinder 1, it's been a while since I worked on O series's, happened to me few years back
    MG Maestro turbo 437
    367 Bhp

Comment

Originally posted by charliecosworth View Post
      Very common this, am sure with all timing marks lined up, rotor arm should be facing cylinder 1, it's been a while since I worked on O series's, happened to me few years back
      Yh that sounds about right... Same as the old 205gti
      I think that i only need to get it as close as I can because aslong as it runs the ecu should alter the timing via the knock sensor. Fingers crossed! Cheers mate, jake

Comment

With number 1 at TDC you should have the rotor arm pointing at the number 1 lead.

The distributor doesn't set the timing, just points the spark at the right plug.
        www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
        www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
        www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Originally posted by mg turbo *70* View Post
          Yh that sounds about right... Same as the old 205gti
          I think that i only need to get it as close as I can because aslong as it runs the ecu should alter the timing via the knock sensor. Fingers crossed! Cheers mate, jake
          The knock sensor is slow - tap the engine block with a spanner with it running - ignition retard can be heard and you will see what I mean. My point is it doesn't work like you described. Just my opinion but I could be wrong?

cheers

mike...

www.mgmaestroturbo.com Home of the Twincharged Maestro.

2014 Vauxhall Mokka 4x4 Turbo - Tech line

Comment

Working...
          X