Tanya - resignation from the committee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mgt16 View Post
    I'd like to apologise if I upset anyone I was just giving my perception of things be it wrong or right and to be fair I can more than sympathise with a busy work schedule so I apologise if I caused offence.

Anyway all other issues aside it seems the club needs more money to move forwards and I said at the start of this if the decision was reversed I'd put my money where my mouth is and join up so I'm off to do that now.

Good man....

I think those of us on the committee are just getting fed up of some of the grief coming our way, we all have jobs, and we give up time to try and run the club, sometimes we might get a decision wrong but we do listen to feedback and act on it. I'd hope it never comes to a point where an EGM is called before a sensible discussion had taken place here first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CURRENT FLEET:
    1986 (C) Montego 1.6 HL Estate - Owned since Feb 2011
    1990 (H) Maestro 1.3 LX -Owned since December 2001
    1978 (T) Chrysler Avenger 1.6GL - Owned since April 2011
    2006 (06) Ford Focus Titanium 1.8 TDCi - Owned since Feb 2007
    1972 (L) - Hillman Avenger 1500 Super - Owned Since July 2012

Comment

well said tanya you will be missed a breath of fresh air, just what the club needed still onwards and upwards some people just dont under stand what committe members are voted on for.

Comment

Originally posted by E_T_V View Post
        I know this is sidetracking the conversation slightly (and probably a good thing!), but I have to agree a virtual meeting is usually far easier to attend than a real one at the other end of the country. It doesn't need to be just computer based (we run regular telephone meetings at work), and I think it would be fair to say that everyone has access to a telephone. Yes it is a different sort of meeting but don't discount it just because you aren't familiar with it.

The best solution is to have a real location and allow people to dial/log in remotely if they cannot attend in person to get a nice broad spectrum of people in attendance. I know this is probably a little too high-tech for the club at the moment, but the technology really has moved on a lot in recent years so please don't exclude the idea without some consideration it if it allows more members to contribute.

Anyhow it seems sense has prevailed and I'm very glad. If the committee need my ideas or input then I'm happy to help.
        Better put than I said, but please consider it. I would quite happily dial into Skype for an AGM/EGM or what ever it is for a voice call. However travelling is difficult with two kids.
        Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

Comment

You have no chance of me attending any sort of EGM either in spirit or technically as I don't have the know how
          1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
          1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
          1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
          2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
          2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
          2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Working...
          X