Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Non Members Poll Only Please. Membership, what would you want from the club.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I joined for a year and I thought it was very cheap. Thing is on reflection in that year I received 2 or 3 copies of Monstro and I can't think of anything else. So on reflection I paid good money for those 3 copies. Maybe the membership fee should go up and that will end some of the problem.

Mainly I feel this is all putting the cart before the emulsion paint anyway. Surely the committee should decide what can be offered with a new team, what is feasible, i.e. what people can commit to offer and manage to offer extra perks to being a paid member.

The forum being wholly private will be a massive own goal though. Footfall to maestro.org will decline rapidly thereafter, you'd be better off forgetting that idea.

I'd concentrate on services and products the committee can offer to bring in the needed income too. Over time products and parts have been needed which have been openly discussed, always from my memory, rather than encourage enterprise (when people are talking about their tooling capabilities, contacts, etc. I recall people from the club talking frankly about how the club was not getting involved in projects like this as there wasn't the money there to invest. Rather than trying to encourage enterprise and get into a commission based approach on sales as products are made for our cars.

Comment

How do you actually become a member anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by The Express Valeter View Post
        You can join up the same way you joined up last year -
        CURRENT FLEET:
        1986 (C) Montego 1.6 HL Estate - Owned since Feb 2011
        1990 (H) Maestro 1.3 LX -Owned since December 2001
        1978 (T) Chrysler Avenger 1.6GL - Owned since April 2011
        2006 (06) Ford Focus Titanium 1.8 TDCi - Owned since Feb 2007
        1972 (L) - Hillman Avenger 1500 Super - Owned Since July 2012

Comment

I must be getting old then as I don't remember being a member. I don't have any copies of Monstro so was I ripped off then lol. If I was a member then I have no idea how I paid the membership fee & or what that fee was lol. I remember being a member of the MGM Group for a while though as I have the magazine.

There needs to be a virtual button to press & join & as said a donate button too.

Comment

I remember commenting on that too, I joined and I think I paid by paypal, but it was hidden away somewhere, and you need to click on the link to then find out how much it is. I was surprised how little membership is, but then for 2 copies a year of monstro... but I'm only repeating what has already been said.

Comment

I must be getting old then as I don't remember being a member. I don't have any copies of Monstro so was I ripped off then lol. If I was a member then I have no idea how I paid the membership fee & or what that fee was lol. I remember being a member of the MGM Group for a while though as I have the magazine.

There needs to be a virtual button to press & join & as said a donate button too.

So when I asked if you was a member of the club at BL day and you replied YES to qualify for judging of your car - you weren't being honest then?

Any chance you can dig the award out and send us it back - 'lol' - as you would say....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              CURRENT FLEET:
              1986 (C) Montego 1.6 HL Estate - Owned since Feb 2011
              1990 (H) Maestro 1.3 LX -Owned since December 2001
              1978 (T) Chrysler Avenger 1.6GL - Owned since April 2011
              2006 (06) Ford Focus Titanium 1.8 TDCi - Owned since Feb 2007
              1972 (L) - Hillman Avenger 1500 Super - Owned Since July 2012

Comment

http://www.maestro.org.uk/join_us.htm

Easy peasy Andy
                1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
                1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
                2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

Working...
                X