My MG Turbo *70* restoration and performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi mg turbo *70* (What's your name?)

I'd be interested in stainless heater matrix and fuel filler pipes if you get some made.

Cheers,

Ian
    Ian Drew
    MG Maestro Turbo '400'
    MG ZT V8
    Rover 75 V6 Estate

Comment

Jake i'm also interested in stainless heater pipes.

Comment

Didn't Jeff look into getting this done or is my memory failing me again?
        www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
        www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
        www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Originally posted by ian drew View Post
          Hi mg turbo *70* (What's your name?)

I'd be interested in stainless heater matrix and fuel filler pipes if you get some made.

Cheers,

Ian
          Hiya mate, it's jake.
          I will come back to you with some quotes.

Comment

Originally posted by Oli View Post
            Jake i'm also interested in stainless heater pipes.
            Okay buddy I'll let you know on the prices

Comment

Originally posted by E_T_V View Post
              Didn't Jeff look into getting this done or is my memory failing me again?
              No your memory is fine this time he did look into this bit It didn't ever get any further as I think a few people let him down.

Comment

Hi Jake - I like the progress so far - especially how neatly you have fabricated the jacking points. I'd be interested in stainless heater matrix pipes also. Do you have a cost and time scale for these to be made yet?

mike...

www.mgmaestroturbo.com Home of the Twincharged Maestro.

2014 Vauxhall Mokka 4x4 Turbo - Tech line

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Brock View Post
                  Hi Jake - I like the progress so far - especially how neatly you have fabricated the jacking points. I'd be interested in stainless heater matrix pipes also. Do you have a cost and time scale for these to be made yet?

mike...
                  Hi Mike, thank you for the kind words.
                  I have sent the matrix pipes off to a company near by
                  Me so they can come back with a quote of time and price. I should hear back from them Monday hopefully. I was thinking about putting an order in for 10 so I just need people to claim them lol.

Comment

We'll there has been very little progress this weekend due to the weather but I am hoping to get that side finished up over the next couple days, doing it after work etc.. I'll keep the pics coming

Comment

update to the stainless heater matrix pipes: the pipes will be all cut and bent and the flange made up, this alone is going to cost around £90 then, i will weld the whole assembly's up using a tig welder or mig welder where needed myself to make the whole process cheaper and i will not charger for this so if anyone is still wanting this then i don't mind doing this at all. let me know. i will get a quote on the fuel fillers in stainless after i have done the pipes.

Comment

here are more of the new/rare items i have to go on mg number 70.
                        consists of; 2 track rod ends, a wiper linkage part, new arial and some new bonnet clips (which i can sell to anyone needing these at £2.50 delivered)
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi - can I see a prototype first Jake if you don't mind me asking? Just to gauge things if you know what I mean.

cheers

mike...

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Brock View Post
                            Hi - can I see a prototype first Jake if you don't mind me asking? Just to gauge things if you know what I mean.

cheers

mike...
                            hiya mate, you certainly can... i wouldn't want to buy something without seeing it first! lol i can assure you though... it will have to be perfect for me to put it on my own car! aha are you interested in it at that price still if it all is up to your standard? i know its a fairly expensive price tag but i thought for what it means ( a rust free heater!) its not as bad as first thought! lol

Comment

Yes Jake very interested as my original heater pipes are completely gone. I don't mind paying out for good quality items - however I'm not expecting a work of art or anything lol. As long as it fits well and will be functional for many years to come. Good of you to do this btw - greatly appreciated.

Comment

I second what Mike said. As far as I'm concerned it's not the price that's the issue, it's the value for money. If they're good quality and will last forever, it's a no brainer. Therefore, I'll take a set.

Keep the photos coming, they're great.

Cheers,

Ian
                                Ian Drew
                                MG Maestro Turbo '400'
                                MG ZT V8
                                Rover 75 V6 Estate

Comment

Working...
                                X