Accident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accident

Just had a accident to monty .A jag came across my front .Damage Bummper/wing lights HL panal /slam rail /bumper irons/bonnet .just hope nothing major is twisted.
    so may need some parts ?Slam rail was pushed back a bit but think i may be ok
    I have bumper.wing.bonnet Not sure about other stuff untill i go into the shed.
    Sure & steadfast.
    BMC/BL Rally 2008.First prize 1980s onward.
    1988 Montego Estate 1600L Atlantic Blue From new Daily runner
    1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

There have been a couple of slam panels on ebay recently. There is a pair of front wings too.

Comment

Iam alright for a wing but I will have a look for the slamrail as i havent go one .The RH inner headlamp panel to rad will need a hammer ?and i need 2 bumper irons and a new bonnet. Ive swaped the bonnet over with a old SH one atm and i ll put a sh bumper on until i get a new one..
      Last edited by TLC; 27th August 2014, 00:14.
      Sure & steadfast.
      1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

Comment

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/austin-mon...item3a95e3b08a

Comment

Originally posted by The Express Valeter View Post
          Thanks but i have a s/h one ive swaped over & is fortuneatly the correct colour and will be ok untill i call in to rimmers or find another new one ready for the restoration.
          Ive found a slam rail but not a grill or grill HL panel although ive seen some on ebay .The bumper irons may be on one of the sh bumpers at the back of the shed but i wont know until i get them out.
          I just hope the insurance dont try and right it of cos that isnt going to happen.
          I was planing on haveing it restored later this year but seams it may be done earlyer .This means i need a runaround as ive only one car on the road
          Last edited by TLC; 27th August 2014, 02:02.
          Sure & steadfast.

Comment

There was a headlight panel on ebay a day or so ago, may even have been Mal selling it. May be worth calling that guy in Southend on 07779 207821 that is breaking the green Turbo (Stu's old car) as he has/had when I went there loads of bits off a few Montego's all inside the green one.
            He will have the 2 bumper irons.

Comment

Originally posted by TLC View Post
              Thanks but i have a s/h one ive swaped over & is fortuneatly the correct colour and will be ok untill i call in to rimmers or find another new one ready for the restoration.
              Ive found a slam rail but not a grill or grill HL panel although ive seen some on ebay .The bumper irons may be on one of the sh bumpers at the back of the shed but i wont know until i get them out.
              I just hope the insurance dont try and right it of cos that isnt going to happen.
              I was planing on haveing it restored later this year but seams it may be done earlyer .This means i need a runaround as ive only one car on the road

You need to let the insurance company inspect the car before you start swapping parts on it otherwise they are unlikely to entertain your claim.

They will write it off for sure with the damage you've described. (3 damaged panels at least). Just make sure that they only class it as a cat D write-off and you retain the car.
              www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
              www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
              www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

I have no choice as i can not drive it with out a bumper and crumpled bonnet.I have only the one car and need to take my dissabled mum to a nhs appointment this week.
                I have to wait until monday for the ins repairer to come out and assess it and they have already said its unlikey to be ecconomical to fix which i antissipated and told the ins that now way will i allow it to be written off/scraped.
                What is the cat d ect
                I have All light and the indiacaters are on the way so is the Grill. The sh bumper had the iron on so iam ok for them.
                The HL panel near the rad edge has been pushed in but i think its easy ? to return to somthing near and will get it looked at later when the cars is restored.
                I have explained to the ins what and why i am doing this and they seam ok with it.If i had another car id leave it alone but not working since 07 i carnt run two cars
                Last edited by TLC; 27th August 2014, 17:04.
                Sure & steadfast.

Comment

Why haven't you been provided with a courtesy vehicle?

Comment

Originally posted by Oli View Post
                    Why haven't you been provided with a courtesy vehicle?
                    I only get one if it goes in to be repaird. I changed to swinton insurance company in june
                    Last edited by TLC; 27th August 2014, 20:24.
                    Sure & steadfast.

Comment

Is the accident your fault?

If no, then you can get a courtesy car until the claim is settled.
                      If yes then it depends on your policy. You also may well not be allowed to retain your car when it is written off (most companies will allow you to keep it but not all).

As it is probably on a standard policy (rather than classic) it will be written off. Cat D means it is unecomonical to repair an probably the most appropriate category. Cat C is more severe - usually structural damage and may (usually) require a vehicle identity check after the repair is done. Cat B and A cannot be returned to the road.

Comment

It sounds like a non fault incident from what you have said, in which case i would advise you to contact the third party insurers requesting a courtesy vehicle on a "without prejudice basis" - most insurers will do this whilst the claim is being dealt with regardless of whether the car is likely to be a total loss or not.

When my ZS was smashed badly in September 2011 i was in hire until January 2012 whilst liability was resolved! In my case the car was written off (registered category D) i retained the 'salvage' and was paid out £1850 (less 10% for salvage). I was allowed to keep the hire car (Vauxhall Insignia) until 3 working days after the cheque had cleared in my account to allow me to travel to purchase a replacement car.

Your car unless on an agreed valuation policy where they recognise the 'true' value of the car is definitely a write off from the damage you have described. As a rule of thumb insurers will only approve approx 50% of the vehicles market value for repair costs. They would probably only value your car at £500.....

You need to communicate very well with the insurance assessor, print out adverts for other cars, completed ebay sales etc to try and prove the value. It makes no difference to him what happens, let him know the sentimental value of the car and the fact that you will be retaining the car regardless of outcome.

An owners club valuation certificate would add a lot of weight to your argument, but as your membership has lapsed i cannot help you at the moment i'm afraid.

I say this because if he decides it is cat B then the vehicle cannot be returned to the road under any circumstances, then you really are in the #@4%! I give this advise from experience, it's my day job!

Comment

It is not my fault 100%.However i again complaind about not haveing car But was told the they dont issue a curtisey car the repaiers do .
                          It would seam it not worth paying for a fully comp ins whensituation like this happen.You might aswell not claim and do a diy jobe and just pay for a paint job.
                          That blue 1.6 montego est in derby went for about £700 i think I did go to see it att.
                          Sure & steadfast.

Comment

Who are you talking to. your insurance company or the person at fault? You need to be talking to their insurance company not yours.

Comment

Oli please check ur message folder please. Thanks dale

Comment

Working...
                              X