Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1984 - Maestro HLE - 102 (one hundred and two) Miles!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1984 - Maestro HLE - 102 (one hundred and two) Miles!

http://www.barons-auctions.com/details.php?ID=6696

Person who is selling has contacted the club and will entertain offers before it goes to auction

Offered here is a 1984 Maestro 1.3HLE, which has covered One Hundred and Two Miles (102) from new. Two of those miles were driven by the vendor, who discovered the car in a garage due for demolition.

The car is offered in completely original condition and still has the original carpet protectors from the main dealer, Henley's and the original 1984/85 tax disc. The only non original item is the battery that was fitted to move the car from its resting place, where it has lain since 1984.

Finished in gold with berber tweed seating the starts and drives but will require inspection and MoT before being used.

The original owner was Miss Doreen Gee, 29 Marston House, Deacon Way, London SE17 1UN but the vendor now has a V5 in his own name.
    PM me for contact details

Brand New HLE up for auction

@MandMOC:

102 mile from new 1984 Maestro HLE up for auction at Barons, Sandown on 2/9/2014 - http://t.co/KCFzFK2osX

Comment

Really nice that worth lot £££
      MG Maestro turbo 437
      367 Bhp

Comment

WOW , I wish I had the money to buy that

Comment

Henley's must have been a bit tight,ie not filling the tank up when it was new as the fuel light is on!

Comment

if any body purchased this car.i guess it would not be used very often to keep the milage down.remember its got the very high gear ratio on 4th

Comment

It would be good to strip it and turn it into a rally car

Comment

Very interesting. I wonder why it hasn't moved in 30 years? Would need recommisioning I would guess.

Comment

30 years inactivity?

Will need lot's replacing just to be safe to use for minor runs.
                  Tyres, coolant pipes, radiator, brakes, exhaust likely to dissintigrate once used a few times.

Plus many other jobs to ensure correct safe operation of various components.

Whoever buys this will likely either wax it up, and then leave "as is" in a dry heated garage until the "price is right", or a museum.

To buy and use would cost a large sum on top of the purchase price to be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ View Post
                    It would be good to strip it and turn it into a rally car
                    My thoughts exactly. I am currently negotiating a price with the owner so I can turn this into a rally car.

Just kidding.

But seriously, pretty special to find a car this old with such low mileage. Shame to keep it in a museum and a shame to use it. But I'd choose museum.

Agreed, it will probably need a lot more work than most daily runners in the classifieds

Comment

Threads merged

Comment

A serious collector with serious space would be the best outcome I think for this car.

Comment

There were two threads as it was a general news item as well as a sale.

Some people do not use this section of the forum as they are not looking to buy or sell a car.
                          Last edited by CPL593H; 23rd August 2014, 22:33.

Comment

Working...
                          X