My MG Turbo *70* restoration and performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ian drew View Post
    That's a great thread, good luck and keep the pictures coming.....

Ian
    Than you for your kind words, I will and I am a lot further ahead but I have a lot more pictures to load up to get up to my current status.. I only really get time to work on it at weekends but hopefully this side will be finished by this weekend. Cheers, jake

Comment

Should be good watching this progress. Good effort!

Comment

I've got to ask what are you plans for getting 1000bhp??? I recon if by some miracle you got there you'd be replacing the engine every week!

Comment

thank you for you nice comments people, feels good to know i have people backing me.
          mgt16: i can understand your doubts about 1000 bhp+ but it can 100000000% be done and i am going to prove it. the engine block can take it but it will be braced for some reliability, billet custom crank, custom billet h beam con-rods and forged alloy custom pistons + a whole lot more... all will be reveled soon
          thanks for your interest, Jake.

Comment

here is when i repaired the back section and showing my spot welder for originality!
            Attached Files

Comment

the b post repair being made, this is only temp though so if anyone has a shell they are scrapping or something please save me the b posts if they are any good, cheers
              my new sill also, this was a pattern part so i have had to fill the gaps in the middle around the b post and bits at the end as im replacing the entire parts of my sill
              Attached Files

Comment

b post temp repair front part is tacked on...
                started to clean the inner sill up a bit here and repair where needed,
                also started making the new inner sill lip that is spot welder to the inner sill and hold the outer sill on at the bottom as mine wasn't perfect at all
                Attached Files

Comment

part of the new inner sill lip fabricated and being test fitted, these were measured very carefully as so they have exact specs to the originals, i have also pre-made the other side one to
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mg turbo *70* View Post
                    part of the new inner sill lip fabricated and being test fitted, these were measured very carefully as so they have exact specs to the originals, i have also pre-made the other side one to
                    also, work started to the very rear end of the inner sill

Comment

these are some pics i missed of of previous progress..
                      Attached Files

Comment

me making my new front jacking pint up as the other was just rusty as lol, i have made the other side and kept the template marked out for future use in-case anyone would need these making for them, i will be doing the rears sometime in the future as-well.
                        Attached Files

Comment

more of the rear inner sill, mostly finished in this area just a little tidying up to do..
                          Attached Files

Comment

this is the rest of the jacking point pics, they are nearly finished just need holes drilling and a few tweaks/perfecting. p.s. sorry for the pictures being messed about a bit with order etc.. dunno what went wrong there lol
                            Attached Files

Comment

last rear inner sill pic for now, more work on the front inner sill and floor area, floor cut away where jacking point was. my new o/s/r quarter outer skin, i have the inner arch as well to go with it, i just need the fuel filler pocket to go inside.
                              Attached Files

Comment

more of some of my parts i have to go on (only a small amount to what i have now) including; Polly bushes all round, genuine power steering rack rebuild kit and a stainless rear heater rail.
                                i have planned to get the two heater matrix pipes made out of stainless by a company and the fuel filler neck if anyone's interested?
                                this about raps up the pics and brings them up to date with my progress, i will post more when i get on with it (this weekend the sill should be on hopefully if i get long enough on it! lol.) i will however post up the rest of the spares i have to go on my car
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X