Maestro on TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maestro on TV

Don't know if anyone remembers but I took an Apple 2000 Maestro to Tajikistan in 2011 where it was then to be driven on to Mongolia (i'd already done that before) and then eventually back to the UK.

Anyway, the chap who drove it after me did a documentary on it, and its currently showing at weekends on the Comunity channel.

I'm just going to quote his email for the description
    I hope this email finds you in good shape and enjoying life, whatever you are doing these days.
    I find it hard to believe, but it's a few years now since I departed the London oil scene in order to drive an ambulance from the UK across Europe, Iran and Central Asia to donate to a hospital in Tajikistan. After completing this, I continued east in a tiny Rover Maestro car over the Pamir Mountains and across Mongolia.
    I filmed the entire trip and have spent a fair bit of the last year or two making the footage into a couple of documentary films of my misadventures. The second part, involving the Maestro, will now be premiering on TV in the UK this month.
    So, if you're interested in seeing a bit of what I did after leaving Islington, London please tune into the Community Channel (Ok, not quite National Geographic to be fair!) on Sunday the 7th September, or one of the repeat dates below.

"The Maestro of Mongolia": The story of an intrepid explorer and his faithful small car Marvin's daring journey across the mountains of Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan and the high plains of Mongolia, in winter. High altitude misadventures, eagle hunting and me freezing my behind off!
    Screening dates are:
    Sunday 7th September @ 20:30
    Saturday 13th September @ 20:30
    Sunday 21st September @ 20:30
    Saturday 27th September @ 20:30
    Running time: 25 minutes
    You can find the Community Channel here:
    Sky 539 • Virgin Media 233 • Freeview 63 • Freeview HD 109 • Freesat 651 • BT Vision

If anyones interested, my snaps from the trip are here. The Maestro in question is quite well travelled as I took it to the arctic circle in December 2010 as well to see the northern lights

Sounds like a good programme to watch, must just remember about it.

Comment

What a nutter!

Comment

Sounds like a bit of a pool car lol. Watched this Saturday night, was a good watch. Got some balls ha. Shame it was only on for 25 minutes, I had the feeling there was a lot more to show. Amazed me how friendly everyone one was, you wouldn't find that over here.
        MG Maestro Turbo #500
        BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
        Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
        Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

I've still yet to watch it, must tape it this weekend. There's a trailer for the programme on youtube for those still waiting to see it.
          M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
          Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

Now on Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAHK1IjUh58

Comment

Working...
            X