X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the day the maestro was fertilised

Was doing some research and found this
    http://www.margaretthatcher.org/document/117499
    This seems to be the day LM10 was given the go ahead, there are a few documents before this one in which the government, especially the hater of all things nationalised Keith Joseph is very reluctant to authorise funding and prefers the option of selling BL to ford, I was trying to find information on Thatcher's alleged plan to close BL in 79

Very interesting Archive information, Russ.

Past and subsequently banned forum member StuCDX also tried fertililising a Maestro a few years ago apparently
    M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
    Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

Originally posted by Simon View Post
      Past and subsequently banned forum member StuCDX also tried fertililising a Maestro a few years ago apparently
      Steve Worsley

R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
      VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
      J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

Comment

I remember that! So bizarre you could never have made it up!

That site with the released documents throws up quite a lot if you search 'British Leyland'

Comment

Originally posted by Simon View Post
          Very interesting Archive information, Russ.

I didn't need reminding of that whilst eating my lunch. Thanks
          www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
          www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
          www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

The extract's from December 1980, just after the launch of Metro, the closure of Abingdon, one year before the launch of the Triumph Acclaim in collaboration with Honda (the deal was signed on Boxing day 1979) and the start of the "Product-Led Recovery" drive. The extract's predictions were spookily about right and then BL started to do better until 1984, but started to go "nipples north" after that and were sold to BAe in 1988...
            M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
            Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

There are fairly frightening things in those documents, if you look at some of the things to do with the coal board people such as Ridley should have been tried in a court of law in he way that they destroyed our coal industry. And this was planned before they even got elected

Comment

Working...
              X