No announcement yet.

Another tickford on the road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are still a few mk2 astra gte`s knocking about maybe mk1 gte`s are as rare as the maestro, anyway todays progress al 4 doors trail fitted and seem good

A little surface rust but generally the bottoms and seams are very good, front doors are monty so need the rivets grinding off, just have to make sure they are pumped full of waxoil once sprayed
    One of the next tasks is to remove the rubbing strips from the old doors without trashing them, any one have any tips ?

Comment

Park it in the sun, apply a heat gun to the rear (inside) of the door to help melt the adhesive. Its a git of a job to be honest!
      www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
      www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
      www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

this car was mine 4 or 5 years ago sold it because had 4 maestro turbos at the time!!
        body wise looks worse than it really was, sold it to a guy in Northwales area? was this you came to my garage by Liverpool airport to collect it?
        MG Maestro turbo 437
        367 Bhp

Comment

It was me but that car was No 364 G378 VMT , when i collected it you had a red one in your workshop if i remeber, what ever happened to that ?

Comment

The red one in the garage was scrapped, sold my other red one has didn't have the time to finish it, now only left with my white one, what happened to green one i sold you?
            MG Maestro turbo 437
            367 Bhp

Comment

I remember the tatty red one in your workshop. It was rotten through and through. Half a dozen of us descended on it one day like vultures and stripped it of pretty-much everything useful. Nothing remotely salvageable went to waste.
              Regards
              John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
              MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Originally posted by G51 NAV View Post
                I remember the tatty red one in your workshop. It was rotten through and through. Half a dozen of us descended on it one day like vultures and stripped it of pretty-much everything useful. Nothing remotely salvageable went to waste.

it died to save others RIP
                MG Maestro turbo 437
                367 Bhp

Comment

It did indeed! May it rest in peace in MG Turbo heaven
                  Regards
                  John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
                  MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Been ages since I updated this as progress has been slow, well very slow, however a recent surge of enthusiasm has seen the roof and offside treated to some fresh paint. 2 doors and tailgate to follow shortly hopefully

Last edited by G588 OEA; 21st June 2014, 22:46.

Comment

Great to see another one back on the road, well done!

Comment

Nice paint finish looking good................. I wish i still had a Turbo

Comment

Yeah hopefully it will polish up ok, its never spot on spraying DIY style but I should be able to plod on with it now
                          Slowly been collecting some of the harder to get hold of items

Comment

Its been ages again since doing anything with the maestro so a little spurt of energy managed to get the tailgate sprayed

I also decided to go for a full strip down
                            Hopefully I will get a good chunk of next week to have a decent go at it

Comment

I think you are doing well on this and is looking great! however I would love to meet you out on the road in my mg and your Astra...... I think you would have a change of heat in your opinion... You mg must not be running correct as I have driven both cars standard and mg turbo would win hands down every time. Mine is certainly not standard as but still only basic mods I.e up rated needle high boost big intercooler air filter straight through exhaust and a polish and port job.... Kicking out around 260-270bhp with about double the torque of you Astra
                              I have bigger plans next.

Comment

Coming along great fella!

Comment

Working...
                                X