Another tickford on the road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another tickford on the road

Don`t know if anyone keeps count of the number of maestro turbos left that are actually taxed and mot`d but another 1 is now,after last being on the road in 2002 No 323 is legal again, Far from restored but legal

Great. Any pictures?

Comment

This maestro turbo can still be seen on ebay...

I like the fact its only done 10,000 miles on new 20thou oversize pistons and it only went for £621 - absolute bargain! Great its back on the road.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1306388564...84.m1555.l2649
      Last edited by Mike Brock; 10th May 2012, 05:37.

www.mgmaestroturbo.com Home of the Twincharged Maestro.

2014 Vauxhall Mokka 4x4 Turbo - Tech line

Comment

Originally posted by G588 OEA View Post
        Don`t know if anyone keeps count of the number of maestro turbos left that are actually taxed and mot`d
        The DVLA do this: 29 taxed / 123 SORN in quarter 4 of 2011.

http://howmanyleft.co.uk/combined/mg_maestro_turbo

Comment

Some pics taken today after I finally got the temp guage working (thanks to geoff turbo) . put about a 100 miles on it since the mot,Its not a show car or anything to look at. But legal and in use

Comment

Excelent - how is she running and handling? What's your overall plans for the car? Keep us all updated with your progress if you plan to restore her. It's nice to know your acutely out enjoying your car -good stuff. I also have an brg maestro turbo - but unfortunately she's in deep storage at the moment - for the last 9 years!
            Last edited by Mike Brock; 27th May 2012, 03:43.

www.mgmaestroturbo.com Home of the Twincharged Maestro.

2014 Vauxhall Mokka 4x4 Turbo - Tech line

Comment

nice to see another on the road, my brg turbo [206] is about a month away ,sort of know this reg ,where is it from before you?
              Beware of strange Japanese waitress bearing fortune cookies

Comment

what about showin us some pictures of your astra gte

Comment

Looks good to me
                  Regards
                  John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
                  MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Brock View Post
                    Excelent - how is she running and handling? What's your overall plans for the car? Keep us all updated with your progress if you plan to restore her. It's nice to know your acutely out enjoying your car -good stuff. I also have an brg maestro turbo - but unfortunately she's in deep storage at the moment - for the last 9 years!
                    I have no plans. It was for sale and I got messed about no end by ebay idiots to the point where I thought I will MOT it myself and see what happens,It neede next to nothing for the MOT bar 3 welding patches on the sills and a few odds and sods . It needs tracking and realasticly a petrol tank as its been dropped on the jack and has a huge dint in it, anything than less than a quarter of a tank and there`s fuel delivery issues. If it makes you feel any better this has been off the road for nearly 10 years

Comment

Originally posted by leeroy View Post
                      what about showin us some pictures of your astra gte
                      Funnily enough on tha astra forum they are asking for pics of the maestro

Comment

Originally posted by G588 OEA View Post
                        Some pics taken today after I finally got the temp guage working (thanks to geoff turbo) . put about a 100 miles on it since the mot,Its not a show car or anything to look at. But legal and in use
                        Happy to help
                        1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                        1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
                        1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                        2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
                        2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
                        2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Is this the one I came to see in Buckley and took a load of pics to put up on the forum here? I didn't think it needed a lot for the MOT
                          www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
                          www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
                          www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Thats a nice lookin astra valver. Never had one but but always wanted one.

Comment

Originally posted by E_T_V View Post
                              Is this the one I came to see in Buckley and took a load of pics to put up on the forum here? I didn't think it needed a lot for the MOT
                              Yes dan it is

Comment

Working...
                              X