Old Maestro ignition cowling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Maestro ignition cowling?

I work in a breakers yard and was sorting through some old stuff that's been left for years and came across what I think may be early meastro ignition cowling.There are two lots,both are a blue colour and square shaped,there is a switch on them on the left hand side that looks like a light switch,sorry I can't get a pic up yet but will try soon,I just wondered if it's what they are and if so any use to anyone?

Stuart.

Sound like early Mk1 Metro cowling covers.
    Are they two halfs (top and bottom) or left and right side.?

If they are a "top and bottom" with an MGB/Land Rover defender type headlamp switch, then most likely MK1 Metro

Comment

They are left and right Mal.

Comment

They do have a switch on the left side.

Comment

Sound like early defender or MGB cowlings then.

IIRC Metro was on the right.

Comment

Blue, square shape, light switch on the left, split left to right rather than top to bottom...sounds like early Maestro to me.

Comment

Could be Rich, very early Maestro too.

Comment

Could be worth something to someone for those miniMetro type light switches. I know they go a bit dicky with age.

Comment

1983-1984 early maestro model.the switch is the head/side light one.and can be took apart and cleaned up

Comment

Interior plastics for early Maestros with blue trim seem exceptionally rare. I remember a chap on here having his A reg blue Maestro broken into and he couldn't locate a steering column cowling in the right colour anywhere.

As an aside, I believe the early column cowlings were used right up until the Montego dash and steering wheel facelift (August 1985?). Mine was registered in June '85 and has the early dash, steering wheel and cowling.
                    1985 Austin Maestro 1.3 Base (B662 DVX)

Comment

Well if anyone needs one we have two in our yard,undamaged both in blue and one is slightly different as it has what looks like a hole for a bulb.

Comment

Working...
                      X