Another tickford on the road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mg turbo *70* View Post
    I think you are doing well on this and is looking great! however I would love to meet you out on the road in my mg and your Astra...... I think you would have a change of heat in your opinion... You mg must not be running correct as I have driven both cars standard and mg turbo would win hands down every time. Mine is certainly not standard as but still only basic mods I.e up rated needle high boost big intercooler air filter straight through exhaust and a polish and port job.... Kicking out around 260-270bhp with about double the torque of you Astra
    I have bigger plans next.
    His astra is turboed....so I doubt you would!

260-70 bhp with those mods!? What boost you running?

Comment

Depends how well both cars are set up really?

www.mgmaestroturbo.com Home of the Twincharged Maestro.

2014 Vauxhall Mokka 4x4 Turbo - Tech line

Comment

So is my mg??? Different comp housing and wheel 25psi.... I know it would!
        I recon you would be left standing still if I honest.... Not trying to put your or your work down but just want to make a point as u don't think you have driven a properly setup turbo maestro.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave MGT View Post
          His astra is turboed....so I doubt you would!

260-70 bhp with those mods!? What boost you running?
          It will peak at 25 psi but mainly run at about 19psi.... If I fuel if correctly right to 25psi it would be well over the 300 bhp mark... Check out my build thread and you'll see more serious mods I will be doing to my car after the restoration if you are interested in this sort of thing .

Comment

looking good mate, green will be worst colour to paint/match so you will have your work cut out there
            where about in Northwales you from? Am around that way quite a bit, when i go out for drive normally around north wales area.
            MG Maestro turbo 437
            367 Bhp

Comment

Very good work though, nice to see your saving it you seem to have some skill in painting too... Nice finish, can't wait to see it all done!

Comment

Hi mg turbo *70* - your blog doesn't say what mods your going to do to achieve over 300bhp?? Interested to here whats on your mind regarding this. Certainly possible as it's been done - good luck.

mike...

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Brock View Post
                  Hi mg turbo *70* - your blog doesn't say what mods your going to do to achieve over 300bhp?? Interested to here whats on your mind regarding this. Certainly possible as it's been done - good luck.

mike...
                  Hiya mike, I will explain everything but I am still trying to figure out how to post my pictures from my iphone up... Then I can proceed with the blog

Comment

Originally posted by mg turbo *70* View Post
                    Hiya mike, I will explain everything but I am still trying to figure out how to post my pictures from my iphone up... Then I can proceed with the blog
                    Hi - if you get stuck uploading pics from your iphone your more than welcome to send them to me via email and I'll host them for you on here with my photobucket account for all to see on your blog page. mikebrock@live.co.uk

mike...

Comment

Wow, didn't want to start a my cars faster than your discussion
                      The astra is a fast old school car with certain characteristics that only a mk2 gte has. It's a cheap and cheerfull DIY conversion job and that's it , never rolling roaded it and don't intent to. Rubbish traction but the Best it's done at Santa pod is a 14.3 quarter @ 106 mph Et. That's plenty fast enough for me
                      Will it keep up with a 300bhp maestro ? probably not
                      The maestro I have a soft spot for and am trying to spruce it up to a usable yet tidy example , it will never be a show car but deserves a little love,
                      The paint is actually the wrong shade as I have chosen the later HAM code colour, but as I will be doing the whole car should get away with it. Progress is slow, but as with most projects it always is.
                      Cheers for the interest and hopefully will get some recent progress pics up soon

Comment

[QUOTE=G588 OEA;176857]Wow, didn't want to start a my cars faster than your discussion
                        The astra is a fast old school car with certain characteristics that only a mk2 gte has. It's a cheap and cheerfull DIY conversion job and that's it , never rolling roaded it and don't intent to. Rubbish traction but the Best it's done at Santa pod is a 14.3 quarter @ 106 mph Et. That's plenty fast enough for me
                        Will it keep up with a 300bhp maestro ? probably not
                        The maestro I have a soft spot for and am trying to spruce it up to a usable yet tidy example , it will never be a show car but deserves a little love,
                        The paint is actually the wrong shade as I have chosen the later HAM code colour, but as I will be doing the whole car should get away with it. Progress is slow, but as with most projects it always is.
                        Cheers for the interest and hopefully will get some recent progress pics up soon[/

well none of the less it looks to be a decent job you are doing... wouldn't mind seeing the car in the metal one day when its done

Comment

Working...
                        X