Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coachlineing

What models had it as standard ?
    I ask as ive not seen another 1.6L estate with it on.Mine was on when i bought it as a demo car from Mann Egerton with 25miles on the clock .
    Sure & steadfast.
    BMC/BL Rally 2008.First prize 1980s onward.
    1988 Montego Estate 1600L Atlantic Blue From new Daily runner
    1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

My 1.6LX Maestro has it as standard.
    Greg

Rover Maestro 1.6LX 1991,Daily Driver
    Triumph TR7 V8 DHC 1980

Comment

A lot of coach lining was done at the dealers as an option.

Comment

I'm going to have one put on my Montego.

Comment

No 1.6L Estate of the likely time your car was built (anything from late 87 to July 1988 was supplied as standard with a coachline. HL/Mayfair and VP cars had a single coachline as standard fitment, but not L or base models, so it's likely to be a dealer fitment. When I bought my Rover 214 from a Rover dealer, it had a coachline, applied by them from new. I asked them to remove it before I took delivery!

Originally posted by The Express Valeter View Post
          I'm going to have one put on my Montego.
          Are you completely sure about that? I think it looked absolutely superb as it was, but that's just my (very) humble opinion.
          Last edited by Simon; 5th August 2014, 11:56.
          M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
          Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

Originally posted by Simon View Post

Are you completely sure about that? I think it looked absolutely superb as it was, but that's just my (very) humble opinion.
            I have always liked a pinstripe so long as it isn't too bold. When I had a Montego MG 2.0i back in the early 90's it had one along with nearly every car I bought up to 1999.

Comment

It was a late 87 early 88 .Reg in may 88
              Last edited by TLC; 5th August 2014, 14:29. Reason: correction
              Sure & steadfast.
              1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

Comment

Both of the MG Maestro EFi/2.0i examples my family and I had were fitted with a neat red pinstripe. The EFi example was bought when it was three years old and already had one fitted, as did my own 2.0i when I acquired it. On this latter car it was fitted by the dealer who took it in as part exchange from the first owner, before selling the car to owner number two when it was two-and-a-half years old. It was a feature I particularly liked (again, providing it is not more than 3mm wide) as it helped to break up the expanse of that body colour above the door mouldings. It, together with the special brackets in the front bumper for a pair of fog lamps/auxiliary driving lamps fitted for the first owner, probably helped to sell it to me!

With my own example undergoing a ground-up restoration sometime next year there is the issue of where do I get a replacement roll of coachline from, as most motor factors no longer stock them? I am fairly fussy on the shade of red, liking either a bright red or a Tomato red hue.

Does anyone know of any reputable companies that still stock pinstripes, as I don't want to have to go to the expense of contacting a vinyl sign writing company or venturing onto a certain internet auction website that I do not have an account for?

Comment

Both of the MG Maestro EFi/2.0i examples my family and I had were fitted with a neat red pinstripe. The EFi example was bought when it was three years old and already had one fitted, as did my own 2.0i when I acquired it. On this latter car it was fitted by the dealer who took it in as part exchange from the first owner, before selling the car to owner number two when it was two-and-a-half years old. It was a feature I particularly liked (again, providing it is not more than 3mm wide) as it helped to break up the expanse of that body colour above the door mouldings. It, together with the special brackets in the front bumper for a pair of fog lamps/auxiliary driving lamps fitted for the first owner, probably helped to sell it to me!

With my own example undergoing a ground-up restoration sometime next year there is the issue of where do I get a replacement roll of coachline from, as most motor factors no longer stock them? I am fairly fussy on the shade of red, liking either a bright red or a Tomato red hue.

Does anyone know of any reputable companies that still stock pinstripes, as I don't want to have to go to the expense of contacting a vinyl sign writing company or venturing onto a certain internet auction website that I do not have an account for?

Comment

I think most motor factors still sell them

Comment

I will need a gold trim when i do mine .But i may have got some from the club a few years ago.Must check in me sheds but which one
                      Sure & steadfast.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ View Post
                        I think most motor factors still sell them
                        Sadly the days of independent motor factors selling pinstripes in the Exeter, Mid and East Devon area have long gone. Those that do survive no longer stock such items (I am guessing there is not a healthy demand for them), while this sector of the market is now heavily represented by a certain well-known national chain. Again, no such joy in THAT national chain.

I clearly need to focus on a much larger geographical area although my efforts to date have not been rewarded.

Comment

Originally posted by David3500 View Post
                          Sadly the days of independent motor factors selling pinstripes in the Exeter, Mid and East Devon area have long gone. Those that do survive no longer stock such items (I am guessing there is not a healthy demand for them), while this sector of the market is now heavily represented by a certain well-known national chain. Again, no such joy in THAT national chain.

I clearly need to focus on a much larger geographical area although my efforts to date have not been rewarded.
                          Have you Googled? It seams to bring up everything you dont want tbh

David
                          Sure & steadfast.

Comment

Working...
                          X