No announcement yet.

List of remaining Tickford Turbos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i used to have 237, which is now grey, and resigered with the dvla as grey.
    no 316 will be scrapped in the end, need to chase the log book as still only have green slip

Comment

Originally posted by matthewsemple
      Number 36 is still around - it is currently in a museum in New Zealand, so you can put that one back in! There is another green one in Brisbane, Australia which is owned by an MG 'M' Group member. I'll try to see if I can find the number.
      There is one in South Africa too.
      Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

Comment

Yeah I've seen that too. When I looked after the Register I attempted to trace and contact its owner to find out which model it was. I was frustratingly unsuccessful.
        Regards
        John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
        MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Dan has had emails from the person, so it is still alive.
          Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

Comment

Current cars of ex- MG Maestro Turbo private numbers
            JFB505 -Maserati Gran Turismo
            3723MH Porsche Boxster
            A17PJG Citroen saxo VTR
            BJB98 London Taxi
            967DYX Saab 9-3Se Turbo
            32PMB Citroen Dispatch Van
            A11PPP Mitsubishi 3000GT
            Bob Ross, a man who makes Whispering Bob Harris sound like Fearne Cotton trapped on a malfunctioning rollercoaster

Comment

JFB 505 has been exported I believe and I think that's one of those in Australia.

1989 MG Maestro Turbo no.399

1994 Maestro Clubman Turbo Diesel

Comment

#345 LYN 5K has now been re-registered following its sale by the original owner.
                M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
                Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

Originally posted by Simon
                  #345 LYN 5K has now been re-registered following its sale by the original owner.
                  That's right - it is now G733TBD - here it is on the MG 'M' Group stand at last year's BL Rally:

Comment

Originally posted by M170 RFA
                    JFB 505 has been exported I believe and I think that's one of those in Australia.
                    As JFB505 is a current number , i assume , you mean F433 UHJ -which was its' last number?
                    Bob Ross, a man who makes Whispering Bob Harris sound like Fearne Cotton trapped on a malfunctioning rollercoaster

Comment

Was just referring to that registration number cos I felt like it really. So with nitpicking up to another 10 MG Turbos ought to be accounted for so..anything up to 200 left perhaps. Either way, it's unlikely we'll ever know with complete accuracy because we don't quite know every numberplate..I can guarantee no errors were made as I checked each number available on the list and alternated between MG and Rover if no results were returned.

1989 MG Maestro Turbo no.399

1994 Maestro Clubman Turbo Diesel

Comment

Great job you've done here John!

Also, admins, mods.. whatever i think this register should be sticky'd like Steve's.

Comment

Just been searching the 'net for an MG Maestro Turbo that I owned in around 1997-1998 and I can't believe i've found it.

It was the first fast car that I owned at the ago of just 18 !

It's #261 reg G724 XAD

When I owned it I fitted a few bits and pieces and had it running 170bhp,the oil pump soon failed and wrecked the bottom end. It was under warranty from the garage I bought it from so luckily it got a bottom end rebuild by Rover.

If anyone has any info on the car,who owns it now,where's it been since I sold it etc I would be interested to hear about it.

Comment

I would place a bet on Sean - MGTurbo#261 on here - being the current owner.
                            Steve Worsley

R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
                            VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
                            J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

Comment

Originally posted by MaestroSpecial View Post
                              I would place a bet on Sean - MGTurbo#261 on here - being the current owner.
                              Really,lol !

I can't believe i've found it so easily after 11 years

Comment

#261 unfortunately is in storage and in bits.

It was to be restored to showroom condition, but most of us know how that ended.

Sean can be contacted via Pm on here if you wish to see how she looks now.

Mal.

Comment

Working...
                                X