No announcement yet.

D621 SHE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks! I love it, it looks fantastic. I took it out and filled up with fuel last night, and as I looked from the cash desk to the forcourt, it looked like a brand new van sat there by the pump. If it was't for the cost of the fuel, you could have believed it had just been driven of the forcourt and it was 1987 again!:laugh:

Took it for MOT this morning, and matey nearly fell over from shock when he walked out to get it. During the test, I think just about every person in the place came to have a look. I wasn't allowed to sit inside and watch, I was out telling them all about it.

Although I got a free headlamp adjustment and tweek of the car for the emmisons test, it still failed One rear wheel bearing is slightly noisy. I know why, I overtightened it when the drum came off while bleeding the brakes. I thought the cylinder had seized up so took it off to check. I have a spare hub to bung on tonight, rather than waiting for a new bearing, so I am back tomorow for a re-test.

Rich

Comment

Here is the finale! Finally, after much effort, D621 SHE is to return to site tomorrow, and will look like this. The sign writing was done this morning and I think it gives a tateful and profesional look. There are still a few more teething problems, which will get sorted out in the near future. Hopefully now, this van will be able to work for a good few more years, and convey a much better image of the buisiness it works for.

First of all I mised out the underbody!

And this is what she looks like now....

Comment

That does look good and no mistake

Though I do get fed up of hearing Elvis Costello run though my head every time I see this thread updated :laugh:
        Regards
        John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
        MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

wow that dose look great now with the profesional sign writing

Comment

Rich, that is superb! Very well done, it looks stunning. You can't say that for many work-vans!
            Steve Worsley

R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
            VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
            J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

Comment

Nicely done. That's vantastic! ...sorry

I've got visions of a whole identical fleet, that would be a sight to behold.
              Jonathan Sellars

1987 MG Maestro 2.0 EFi
              2011 Jaguar XJ

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan
                I've got visions of a whole identical fleet, that would be a sight to behold.
                Well it's not impossible...
                Steve Worsley

R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
                VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
                J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

Comment

I've just brought this van! It's now on need of some more welding but I intend to do it and use it for my restoration business.

Many thanks.

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by beniboyz View Post
                    I've just brought this van! It's now on need of some more welding but I intend to do it and use it for my restoration business.

Many thanks.

Ben
                    That's great. Post up some piccys
                    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
                    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
                    2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

It's suffered a bit since it's restoration and will need a fair bit of welding to the arches, sills, A posts, heal board to front floor and rear valance. The underside is fairly easy to fabricate but I'm struggling to get arches and van sills. If anyone can help with those bits it would be very much appreciated.

Mechanically it is ok but needed the timing set right and carb setup after it was played with for it's MOT and God only knows how the rear brakes got through..

I'm using it daily at the moment so will probably find other bits that need doing. It is perfect for my restoration business and will be either coloured in my company's livery or I might give it an Austin Rover parts van look or Leyland support van for my Marina V8. But that's going to be a while off yet. I just wanted to save it from the crusher knowing how rare they are getting.

The wolfies are only on as the 13" rims need new tyres and these were just knocking around the unit getting dusty. I do need the original caps for the 13" wheels once I've blasted and painted them if anyone can help with that?

Ben

Comment

Thomas might be able to help there, he's also on the Isle of Wight
                        1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                        1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
                        1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                        2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
                        2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

Thanks. Will send a PM.

Ben

Comment

Hello folks! I'm set to become the next owner of this poor van. It seems to have suffered since its respray. Not that I've actually seen it yet...

More to follow!

Comment

Looking forward to some recent photos and updates your planning on doing.

Steve

Comment

good luck repairing the van to how it was a few years ago

Comment

Working...
                                X