No announcement yet.

D621 SHE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear, no your both wrong (I am 99% sure it wasn't used on the 45), its not exactly the colour I was expecting, it started off green, after about 3 coats it went blue. I think it may have got mixed wrong, its still very nice though.

Comment

That will be te 45 colour then. It goes from Blue to green. Theres one not far from me. 45 1.4 Spirit.

Comment

Hmmm, its supposed to be Atlantic Blue, which I was sure was a Maestro colour, but I always remember it being darker. It matches the contents of the Halfords can, and it was mixed by a proffesional paint shop, but I haven't been convinced its right.

Still, all that aside, I do like the colour, it really does stand out, and everyone who has seen it likes it!

Comment

*DROOOOOOOOL*

Rich, it's GORGEOUS!! I can't wait to see it in the metal!
          A closed mouth gathers no foot

Maestro Vanden Plas
          Maestro Camper Van
          Maestro 1.3L
          Fiat 500 Sport 1.3JTD

Comment

Looks like carribean blue to me too, same colour as the missus 220 Gti turbo and also bens old maestro TD I believe. Very nice. It starts off green at first then blue as the colour coats build. Looks very nice though. I'm trying to pick a colour for my van at the moment and that does look nice.
            www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
            www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
            www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Originally posted by E_T_V
              Looks like carribean blue to me too, same colour as the missus 220 Gti turbo and also bens old maestro TD I believe. Very nice. It starts off green at first then blue as the colour coats build. Looks very nice though. I'm trying to pick a colour for my van at the moment and that does look nice.
              is it like my maestro td

Comment

Fairly sure our old 214 was atlantic blue

This is pearlescent carribean blue

Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

Comment

Which ever colour they have used, it is very nice!

:laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by Austin-Rover
                    Which ever colour they have used, it is very nice!

:laugh:
                    Yep, nice to see the vans being looked after.
                    Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

Comment

Ooooof...!

That is looking ace matey

Comment

Well, we are finally finished, it has taken longer than I expected, but we are nearly there. I am trying to get the old girl booked in for MOT tomorrow, and sign writing later in the week, but the van is unrecognisable to what it was before.

There are a few niggly bits to sort out, but overall, just about every part has either been replaced, or cleaned/shot blasted and re-painted or completly overhauled. Apart from the drums and discs, the shocks, springs and steering rack as there was nothing wrong with these.

Door seals have been replaced with new generic door seal, heater matrix and foam seals have been replaced. The carpet underlay has been upgraded, making the ride even quieter. A centre console has been added, mainly because a 5 speed gear knob for a van is hard to come by. The dash was replaced with one with fewer cracks.

A Scorpian alarm and imobiliser has been fitted, and all the wiring conections have been made deep in the loom. I also opted to fit the siren in the cab, behind the dash. You can still hear it outside, but its deafaning inside, anyone brave enough to stay in there while smashing the column up is brave. Its also well hidden, and inacessable without removing the dash.

The chassis had been cleaned, and re-sealed and all the internal sections have been waxoyled to within an inch of there life. So hopefully, it will last a bit longer on the rust front.

Brand new 5 speed box has been fitted, which is lovely, if not a little sticky on the gear change, but I will have to play about with the adjustment a bit more.

All in all, I am really really really please with it.

And a big thank you to Colin (sprayer and welder), couldn't have done it without you mate!

Rich

Last edited by Rich; 10th February 2008, 18:52.

Comment

Maestro Van

Wow! How have I not seen this thread before now?

That does look nice! Well done!
                          Steve Worsley

R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
                          VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
                          J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

Comment

Thats one nice Maestro Van. Love the colour.

Comment

rich thats one nice lookign van mate really has chnaged so much cant beleave it was a real rot box....

Comment

We're not worthy...!!!
                                A closed mouth gathers no foot

Maestro Vanden Plas
                                Maestro Camper Van
                                Maestro 1.3L
                                Fiat 500 Sport 1.3JTD

Comment

Working...
                                X