Montego hearse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montego hearse

A bit of a random question but does anyone have a montego hearse?
    And or a montego limousine?

Theres a funeral directors down bognor way (i think) who runs both for his business.

Comment

There was a Montego Hearse for sale in the Medway Towns a few years ago. I don't know what happened to it though.

Comment

The crop up occasionally on eBay which usually prompts a series of jokes and puns about dead bodies and coffins.

I saw a nice Rover 75 Hearse on eBay the other time which was the first time I'd seen one of those.

Comment

Originally posted by matthewsemple View Post
          The crop up occasionally on eBay which usually prompts a series of jokes and puns about dead bodies and coffins.

I saw a nice Rover 75 Hearse on eBay the other time which was the first time I'd seen one of those.
          When we were setting up EMS Ltd back in 2006 we went to see how an X-Part dealer worked in Stratford-Upon-Avon & they had in there a very very late Rover 75 Hearse. A very odd car as it had a different engine & they were having difficulty with the diagnostics. I think it was some sort of Fiat engine. They also had there a couple of the Limousine's that accompany the hearse.

Comment

I don't think anyone in the club owns one. They weren't a popular conversion.
            I wonder if anyone from the classic hearse register could help here?
            M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
            Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

Any one any pictures dieing to see one

Comment

Andy the hearse on eBay all that time ago was a d reg, it was in Essex and a car sales firm purchased it. I cannot the auction price, but on the listing there was no t and t. It then reappeared at a car sales yard in Chatham with a fresh mot asking price £1500. It was sold to a funeral directors in Medway. I know this as when I was at blue bell hill crematorium. The Montego hearse drove in. I didn't take any photos. The funeral firm used it for a year. It then reappeared back on eBay with no mot for spares or repair or banger racing..... I beleive it went banger racing. The funeral directors company I cannot remember. It had a 2 litre efi engine mated with an autobox. That day I saw it I was with sas in a by yellow maestro van.

Comment

http://popularclassics.forumcircle.c...c.php?p=129629

a Montego hearse
                  Last edited by Gothbiker18; 1st June 2014, 18:17. Reason: wrong link

Comment

What a shame & waste if it did go banger racing but I suspect many a good car has ended that way.

Comment

Originally posted by davidashdown View Post
                      Any one any pictures dieing to see one
                      !!! There was a Montego Limo for sale recently as I was offered it but believe it got sold to a museum but then learned it was for sale again. Was a 1995 M plate with low miles but I wasn't really interested in it as have enough with the MG's. It was with a Funeral company but I don't know if there was a Hearse version available aswell.

Comment

Just came across these pictures on the 'Autoshite' group.

Would love to buy it!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Oli View Post
                          Just came across these pictures on the 'Autoshite' group.

Would love to buy it!
                          Does'nt look in bad condition either, very tidy!

It appears however that it would be very handy fridge transportation. Unless it comes with the fridge to help keep the body cold!

Comment

Got a random thing for these hearses lately....

I don't know if any of you have seen this one before? I found the pictures on Flickr.

Apparently it was spotted in Cockermouth Cumbria in 2012.

Just checked and it is still taxed, so there is certainly one still in existence.

The vehicle details for H391 URM are:
                            Date of Liability 01 01 2015
                            Date of First Registration 01 01 1991
                            Year of Manufacture 1991
                            Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1994cc
                            CO₂ Emissions Not Available
                            Fuel Type PETROL
                            Export Marker N
                            Vehicle Status Licence Not Due
                            Vehicle Colour BLACK
                            Vehicle Type Approval Not Available
                            Vehicle Excise Duty rate for vehicle
                            6 Months Rate 12 Months Rate
                            £126.50 £230.00

Who is going to call around the funeral directors in that area and ask them if they have a Montego hearse and is it for sale?

It looks in great shape.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Who's going to contact them and negotiate cheap funeral rates for club members

Comment

Working...
                              X