Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wish MG Maestro Turbo No. 500 good look. First MOT in 7 Years tomorow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats

Comment

Excellent, well done

Comment

Great result bet you can't wait to get behind the wheel.

Comment

Was behind the wheel this morning And it rained for ten minutes, going to have to polish it again didn't want to get it wet. Its not bad for an old car, quite nippy Few things, brakes are shockingly bad even though its had a new master cylinder, fluid and the disks and pads that are on look nearly new, that is going to have to be addressed in the future. And the tracking seems to be out. With it having lowered shocks and springs if I take it to any garage be get it laser aligned will the figures they have on computer be right to use? Power steering pump is leaking need a new one of them cant find one for sale on eBay etc has anyone got one for sale? Few other little jobs to do over time, ail make new threads. It gets some attention and turns some heads, was in a sandwich shop this morning and I could see 3 guys with SG Petch overalls on looking through the windows and pointing at it.
          MG Maestro Turbo #500
          BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
          Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
          Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

yes I have a spare PAS pump - PM me if interested
            midget1380@btinternet.com

Comment

The only thing that is adjustable on the suspension is the front toe in/out so book figures will be fine for that.
              www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
              www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
              www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Pm'ed David. Ok Dan cheers for the information.
                MG Maestro Turbo #500
                Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

Well was a bit more work to pass this year, went straight through last year. Money I have spend on it as well. Cant understand the welding, its only done 700 miles and only got wet twice in my ownership, once the only time I washed it with water and once when it got dropped of in the rain ha. Passed now though after emptying my wallet, just that damn gearbox leek to sort now...again.

MG Maestro Turbo #500
                  Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

Interested in fail points 3 & 4; were they looking for different clipping than standard with the brake pipe? With 4, was that an advisory last time? If not< I would be as non-plussed as you are!
                    Membership Secretary
                    Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
                    2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
                    1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

Well to be fair it was the mechanic who works on my cars 'friend' that mot'ed it last year but the mechanic I use has changed location of his unit by about 30 miles so this year it got mot'ed at the test center a 100ft round the corner, think he's been a bit more harsh than last years tester lol. No advisories at all on last years. I seem to remember it originally failed on windscreen washer not working at first last year, which was found to be pull of polish, quick clean out then it went straight through.
                      MG Maestro Turbo #500
                      Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

This is my experience of that car, every year it would fail on a longish list of fiddly jobs and usually need some welding. I got fed up of paying £300+ every year to get it through the MOT plus tax plus insurance when I was only doing 500 miles between tests.

Comment

Sign of things to come then ey lol. I have reduced the job list massively over the last few years so its getting there....slowly. Every few jobs I do another one pops up and it doesn't even move that far. It is what it is though I expected this when I took it on, been made a very good offer on it, more than what I think its worth but I don't think I can let it go. Every time you park up some ones over to talk about it.
                          MG Maestro Turbo #500
                          Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

Well its passed today, third MOT in my ownership, no advisory's But so it shouldn't I have only done just under 1k since the last mot and all advisory's have been sorted from last year. But.... on the way home the heater matrix hose decided to let go and drop all the coolant but not before covering the engine/underside and rear of the car. Actually had to get it wet and wash it with water lol. Replaced the hose but the metal heater matrix pipe (engine bay side) is properly rotted. Does anyone no where i can get one of these from please?

(On another note looking through this thread I noticed Oli is no longer registered and profile deleted, he was a good contributor to the site, why is this? PM me if needs be, cheers Andy)
                            MG Maestro Turbo #500
                            Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

You can make up a copper replacement for the steel engine bay coolant pipe. If you keep the old one I can probably get it copied by the bloke who did the heater matrix pipes recently.
                              www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
                              www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
                              www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Ok ail save it when it gets replaced.
                                MG Maestro Turbo #500
                                Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

Working...
                                X