X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done Peter,looking good.
    Beware of strange Japanese waitress bearing fortune cookies

Comment

Yes, but setting them up by angle is a bit trickier than setting them up using the lift at TDC method. Both work fine, you just need to add a protractor to the list of kit you need. If you have a look on the DVApower website there is a good article explaining how to set up K series cams (Exactly the same process for the T series). See if Grant will give you the lift at TDC method values too as that is usually the easiest way to set them up I reckon.
      www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
      www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
      www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Article I mentioned:

http://kengine.dvapower.com/
        www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
        www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
        www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

thanks ETV...had good read of that, but going to leave it to experts car booked in for emerald & injectors to be fitted and have cams set up at Efi parts which is local to me, fitted the adjustable pulleys today, all boost pipes are fitted and to say its quick is understatement.

gained about 12mph on changing my 5th gear from diesel box

took car for MOT today passed with flying colours not even advisory! you know your in something special when MOT tester takes photo's of your car

Whislt driving on motorway today

the new all alloy rad working a treat, temp never moved a inch even when giving it a bit of hard boost
          Last edited by charliecosworth; 31st July 2014, 16:14.
          MG Maestro turbo 437
          367 Bhp

Comment

that temp gauge looks too low to me. What temp in degrees c is it running? It's not good to run too cold. On my t16 it would run off the scale no matter what sender I put in the thermostat housing. Have you checked the thermostat is opening ok? I fitted a aftermarket temp gauge in the end for peace of mind.

Comment

not sure i did put lower thermostat in, 86 rings a bell? choke comes on when cold and goes off has you would expect when warm, the emissions were spot on so happy to leave it running slightly cooler than normal.
              MG Maestro turbo 437
              367 Bhp

Comment

If it is running cooler than standard engine wear will be an issue

Comment

Nice brake upgrade today now 4 pot !

Had MGTF 160 brakes fitted anyway, but i didn't know there was 2 types 2 pot and 4 pot, i had 2 pot fitted with at least 300 Bhp under my right foot need 4 pot brakes with yellow ebc pads

my old below

my new

looks well better on the eye if nothing else
                  MG Maestro turbo 437
                  367 Bhp

Comment

Jealous - i look forward to seeing this in person!

Comment

little update

been 3 or 4 weeks now since car up and running, used car has much has possible 2 trips to Blackpool and drive around Wales 550 miles and 2 oil changes think engine now bed in.

Now for part 2........
                      Going to have go myself fitting ecu and uprated injectors, thinking of fitting ecu in glovebox less clutter in engine bay and nice and tidy loom, also new turbo to fit, this is there latest range of there GT range GTX28 63R should cope easy with my target of 320 - 350 bhp

Last edited by charliecosworth; 23rd August 2014, 10:28.
                      MG Maestro turbo 437
                      367 Bhp

Comment

Hi Peter - very interesting what you are doing - keep going with the updates as it inspires me to get on with my project. lol

www.mgmaestroturbo.com Home of the Twincharged Maestro.

2014 Vauxhall Mokka 4x4 Turbo - Tech line

Comment

there light at end of tunnel now, where ecu was next to fuse box now sits the map sensor, wiring loom now runs behind washer bottle though spare grommet that was already there and ecu now fitted in glovebox.

Last edited by charliecosworth; 13th October 2014, 12:54.
                          MG Maestro turbo 437
                          367 Bhp

Comment

Can't wait to hear what BHP she's at with the new turbo on!
                            *****MG Maestro Turbo # 496*****
                            Follow me at
                            FourNineSix

Comment

just thought share picture how engine bay now looking, the paint came off the manifold so sent it of to company called zirotec, new turbo now fitted but only running 13 psi, waiting on electric boost controller which will be controlled from ecu.
                              all pipes now red besides one, but should be done next week.

MG Maestro turbo 437
                              367 Bhp

Comment

Neat job that Pete
                                1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                                1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
                                1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                                2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
                                2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

Working...
                                X