Lookiin good Mr W
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Looks good Mal, F700 will now defiantly be getting cheese graters with MG centres.

Looking at doing the MG bit on the centres in the same shade of blue as the car.
      Current Fleet.

1981 Metro 'S'
      1985 Metro MG Turbo

1986 Maestro MG (GOING TURBO)
      1989 Maestro MG Turbo '#370'

1988 Montego MG Turbo 'SAD'
      1988 Montego MG Estate 'F700'

1995 Land Rover 110

2004 Rover Streetwise Td

Comment

Looks great Mal

Comment

Still not had much chance to finish this one due to Summer hols and the nipper being home, as well as poor weather when I do get the time.

So, no change to current needs, but if anyone is interested in finishing it, I am happy to hear your offers.

Nothing below 500.00 please, as it owes more and is a rare model with MOT.

To Finish.

Rear outer arch's need tidying to improve looks, unfortunately I have found some grot on the inner arch's the tester missed , likely due to major crap build up. Nothing major, and could be repaired in a day.

I would advise full new arch's in a few years time.

Front near side jacking point has proven a little crusty, but not within the strict parameters of the testable zone, likely why it was not brought up on retest.

New tyres all round, but one or two alloys allowing a slow leek. As previously stated alloys could do with a refurb, so a simple fix.

Some paintwork needed on rear hatch, sills need a clean back and repaint. otherwise general exterior tidying to make her presentable.

Runs well, drives nice (on private land of course) clean interior and "overall" a solid rare example.

Mal.

Comment

Well, she is now at a standard I am willing to accept in regards to going to a new home.

As stated before, no paintwork is being done, but she is looking (and no doubt if she could "feeling" much better)

"Just back from final garage visit"

After a darn good wash and wax, finished off with the power mop, then a quick rinse to remove any remaining "dust" from polishing.

Even the roof came up better than expected

Comment

Front finished off with new grill badge.

Comment

Absolutely top work, looks much better. I can't believe how awful that old bumper looked on it, spoiling the look of the car in aid of trying to look sporty I'd imagine.

Is the colour Targa Red? My dad had a similar looking red 1.6 estate back in the day, but his was a slightly later F reg one. Can't for the life of me remember if it was pre or post facelift though - think it was the pre facelift front like this one.

Also I notice it's a Kent registration - you don't happen to know the supplying dealer do you?
                1985 Austin Maestro 1.3 Base (B662 DVX)

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the positive comments.

I'm afraid I don't know the supplying dealers name, as there is minimal history with it and no dealer sticker in the rear.

Yes it is "Targa Red", but known to us "Anoraks" as "Targa 1" (1984-1988) as they changed it slightly after 1988 before Most cars became "Flame red" or "Nightfire"

I agree the bumper did not suit such an early model, but luckily I managed to secure an exchange with someone who had a "pre airdam" bumper in the right colour, and could use the one originally fitted as a spare for their car.

I had it out for a test run yesterday on private roads that lead up to a local viewing point car park.

After the run I wasn't too happy with front breaking performance, so this morning a good clean up of the callipers and new decent quality pads have been fitted.

All now much better.
                  Last edited by MG MAL; 18th October 2014, 12:01.

Comment

Well after the massively embarrassing way the car let us down last weekend, when the first buyer came to collect the car. (which meant him having to leave without him), "Tough of the Track" now has a new owner and a new name.

"Hal" The 1.6 HL Auto Estate's final Chapter in My Hands.

Well the HL Auto Estate has now "Left the Building".
                    Now Christened "HAL" The new "Replacement" Owner has set off home with "slight trepidation" knowing it's a long time since it did any more than a few miles at a time. he is well equipped with two spare alloys and tyre's, spare oil (even though I have just changed it for fresh) and spare coolant. The rad fan has had to be bridged for now, but he's happy with that. And he has his AA card "Just in case". Goodbye "Hal", good to know you will be around for another few years!.

Mal.

Comment

Very good and another saved.
                      1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                      1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
                      1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                      2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
                      2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
                      2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Working...
                      X