No announcement yet.

D621 SHE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Camper van has the flashing temperature warning light soon after start up and it doesn't go away.

Ian
    Ian Drew
    MG Maestro Turbo '400'
    MG ZT V8
    Rover 75 V6 Estate

Comment

have you tryed changeing the fuel ecu.as it cured my problem on my d reg
      automatic 1.6.after me doing the cylinder head gasket and radiator/ coolant flush with no success beforehand

Comment

Hi

I don't recall any of the maestro vans being fitted with auto choke.

To the problem of the temp gauge warning lamp flashing soon after start-up that could be the sender unit. If not that then something more serious like the water pump failed or thermostat sticking closed?

The overheating in traffic and up hill sounds more like a blocked radiator.

Comment

On my van the temperature is fine, just the light keeps flashing, I just ignore it now.

Ian
          Ian Drew
          MG Maestro Turbo '400'
          MG ZT V8
          Rover 75 V6 Estate

Comment

Ah, my Maestro has the flashing warning light already when the needle moves just a very little above normal - i.e. at a traffic light, when going up a hill, on the motorway - very annoying. But as the gauge seems to read normal (and it is, confirmed with an infra-red thermometer), I do not worry about the over-eager LED. As long as it does not creep into the red area of the gauge I would not worry!

Regards,

Alexander
            http://www.austin-rover.co.uk/index....berbouckef.htm

Comment

Thanks Alexander. Good to meet you at the weekend after so long! And you were in a proper car.

I'm back home after a 470-mile trek in the van, which included attending the Gaydon BMC BL meet. Van suspension and English roads do not make a happy partnership, but the van sailed along without fault. Other than a wheel bearing getting noisy.

It also achieved 41mpg, which pleases me very much.

As those who've seen it can attest though, it's far from healthy in the bodywork department. For that reason, I can't really justify spending a lot of money on it. I plan to sort the wheel bearing out, but otherwise, she'll just be a cheap banger I'm afraid. If she lasts until April without falling apart, I'll be impressed.

Alternatively, if some miracle-worker with a welder fancies a new challenge, they're welcome to make me an offer. The engine is an absolute peach.

Comment

Good to hear it runs well. I suppose you should only be afraid of leaving patches of bodywork behind - the drive train on them is pretty tough.

We did about 800 miles - the 'proper' car managed 23mpg, the suspension coped with all British roads in impressive manner. I am happy with that

Regards,

Alexander
                http://www.austin-rover.co.uk/index....berbouckef.htm

Comment

Well, I've sold the van - it's still here but collection is being arranged and a deposit has been received. I'll point the new owner to the website and hopefully he can keep the history of D621 SHE going. He does bodywork (which is good!) and has been after a Maestro van for a while.

Before I depart these shores, I'd like to say thanks to those who've offered words of wisdom. Was nice to meet club folk at Gaydon! All the best. Ian

Comment

Working...
                  X