No announcement yet.

My MG Montego Is Back In The Bodyshop.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My MG Montego Is Back In The Bodyshop.

I decided recently to book my Montego into the bodyshop again, not the one in Cirencester this time as I want to keep an eye on it lol, infact some of the reason I have booked it into MECHSPRAY in Rochester, Kent is to rectify the poor paint match in a couple of areas done by Cotswold Classic Car Restorations.
    Some of this work I probably should have done when it went into Mechspray back in 2010 but didn't due to budget.
    I am having the roof painted & removing 2 small dents that were in it then that paint will continue down the "D" posts into & including both rear wings. The O/S rear arch had a good temp repair done in 2010 & has held up very well but there is (now was) a little just coming through on the inner edge. To get a nice finish (this time) the rear doors have been removed & both sills, inner side of wheelarches (as in where the doors close on to) will be painted as well as both "B" posts up to the black area. There were a couple of small rusty bits on these inner areas so it made sense to sort it.
    I noticed on both passenger doors had a little bubbling at the very bottom in 2 small areas so they are being done too.
    I wanted all the area behind the rear lights & bumper in gloss red too as some was & some wasn't before so that is being done then to complete they are painting over the lip where the boot catch sits to give that better astetic look.

Door handles are being done too as they have not been done before for whatever reason.
    As usual it was supposed to be a general tidy up but has got a fair bit more involved.
    I am doing photos of as much of this as is possible but obviously not done them all yet.
    Weather permitting I hope to have it back for either Saloon Day or the Gaydon event.

Don't get any rain drops on it will you Andy
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

Look forward to seeing the photos when it has all been done, Andy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
        Don't get any rain drops on it will you Andy
        I don't intend to. They know I won't pick it up if it is raining!!

Comment

montego efi

Hi, Andy, good to meet you & car at mg90, "not picking up in rain".my wife has just said,who does that remind you of, its an illness ,I think, lol
          Beware of strange Japanese waitress bearing fortune cookies

Comment

Working...
          X