1993 maestro vw gearbox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 maestro vw gearbox?

Hi has my 1993 1.3 maestro got a vw gearbox? If so from what? And would it be a straight fit if i could find one?
    Having a 5th gear would make it so much better

i did a straight swop from a 4 speed to a five speed gear box a few years ago
    it mite need a ajustment of the gear lever in the rubber boot box under the the car

Comment

Weren't they all 5 speed by 93 anyway?
      www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
      www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
      www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

From the brochure it seems from september 1993 onwards you got 5 speed and a montego dash mine was registered in may 5 speed was option along with a cat and they chose to have the cat

Comment

i tryed to purchase a new a rover 1.3 clubman in 1994 with the option of a 5 speed gearbox i placed a deposit and the car was ordered as a l reg in flame red.colliers got in touch later that week and said they could not get a 5 speed box in red but there was a few white one still in stock at the factory.so the order was cancelled,
          but later that year i ordered a 4 speed clubman in flame red as a m reg
          at that time they was only makeing maestros as and when they received a order

Comment

My car is a 1994 1.3 clubman petrol, and the old boy I bought the car from said it was a basic 4 speed box and he changed it for a 4 speed wide ratio box . ie 4th is just like 5th.

Comment

Hi early maestros in the brochures had 3+e gearboxs presume thats what you got

Comment

Working...
              X