No announcement yet.

MG Maestro Turbo 400 bhp My Blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That head looks like there has been some serious work done on it - with the invoice seeming to confirm that as well! Don't let the rain put you off this weekend - we all want to see this baby running!
    Membership Secretary
    Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
    2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
    1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

I assume you've got some verniers to go with the cams? Setting them up seems a bit of a pain but actually isn't that bad once you get used to it.
      www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
      www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
      www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Originally posted by E_T_V View Post
        I assume you've got some verniers to go with the cams? Setting them up seems a bit of a pain but actually isn't that bad once you get used to it.
        not got any verniers pulleys, because was told wasn't worth it only moves the power band or something no extra performance?

built the head up now looking good, all new tappets, sensors & throttle body

MG Maestro turbo 437
        367 Bhp

Comment

Yes is moves the power band, but if you don't time them right then there is little point in fitting them as you'll gain no/little power.

That is me setting mine up. Note how far away they are from the zero position!
          (I'd only done the inlet cam for that pic I think).

Comment

if i knew how to set them up correctly it would be half the battle!, plan is run engine for few months let everything bed in, then fit the emerald ecu, uprated injectors & GTX28 turbo and take it some where to get mapped.
            MG Maestro turbo 437
            367 Bhp

Comment

The cams will come with instructions on how to set them up. There is also a good article on the DVApower website too for the K series (but the T series setup is exactly the same - just a different lift figure at TDC).

Comment

Power is just a question of money - how fast do you want to go!

Looking forward to see what it will do - however aren't you rather modest with 300bhp goal considering how much money your putting into it peter?

www.mgmaestroturbo.com Home of the Twincharged Maestro.

2014 Vauxhall Mokka 4x4 Turbo - Tech line

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Brock View Post
                  Power is just a question of money - how fast do you want to go!

Looking forward to see what it will do - however aren't you rather modest with 300bhp goal considering how much money your putting into it peter?

would be happy around 320bhp, thing is how fast do you want to go in a 25 year car, maestro's don't handle well, poor brakes and poor safety (airbags & abs)
                  Already fitted MGTF 160 brakes and uprated shocks & springs and it was scary to drive when it 260 bhp last year !!
                  MG Maestro turbo 437
                  367 Bhp

Comment

Originally posted by charliecosworth View Post
                    would be happy around 320bhp, thing is how fast do you want to go in a 25 year car, maestro's don't handle well, poor brakes and poor safety (airbags & abs)
                    Already fitted MGTF 160 brakes and uprated shocks & springs and it was scary to drive when it 260 bhp last year !!

Have to disagree there. Get some proper pads and suspension on it.

I agree about the safety though If you dont have a cage

Comment

Originally posted by g200mss #146 View Post

was thing changing pads to these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MG-TF-1-8-...item20c87ea890

anyone else using these any good?
                      MG Maestro turbo 437
                      367 Bhp

Comment

Andy Nicholls T16 maestro would torque steer and inadvertently change lanes on motor way

www.mgmaestroturbo.com Home of the Twincharged Maestro.

2014 Vauxhall Mokka 4x4 Turbo - Tech line

Comment

was thing changing pads to these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MG-TF-1-8-...item20c87ea890

anyone else using these any good?
                          I had the old redstuffs on my maestro. They were rubbish when cold and fantastic when hot. The new redstuffs are ok when cold and good when hot. I used to have the new redstuffs on my 220 turbo.

Yellowstuffs are the hotter compound again. (And there are now others!).

I'm using some ferrodo race pads in my turbo at the moment which seem fine.

It is probably worth asking around on the F forums to see what they recommend for that caliper though (I'm on 285mm discs).

Comment

Originally posted by g200mss #146 View Post

Seconded, with the right mods the maestro handles really well. With around 300bhp you really need custom springs and 4 pot callipers at the least imo. The engine is double the spec needed, you could have spent some of that money on the chassis!

The 5k spent on a forged crank you won't need at 320 would have bought some amazing brakes and suspension, bit like the ported big valve head...

Comment

Slight change of plan, head is been sent back has am changing the camshaft and going to solid lifters having it all set up correctly hence just sent complete head back, been told will take up to 10 days will update pictures when it returns
                              MG Maestro turbo 437
                              367 Bhp

Comment

The head needs to be on the engine to dial in the cams. I did wonder why you were only going with the 270. I presume something more racey is now planned.

Comment

Working...
                                X