Abandoned 3000 Mile Maestro.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abandoned 3000 Mile Maestro.

Whilst popping to the shop for my lunch today, I was waved down as I left the carpark by a gentleman who has asked if I'd be interested in a 3000 mile maestro.

The owner of the car passed away 4 years ago and then 2 years after the executor of his will passed away without actually dealing with the will.

The house is now abandoned and without an owner or claimant as no next of kin are known.

The gentleman who spoke to me today mentioned he is a neighbour and will show me the car if I'm interested?

Obviously it's going to be a minefield if anyone was to want to aquire the car but I'm sure there's no harm in seeing what's hidden away at the abandoned property.
    Current Fleet.

1981 Metro 'S'
    1985 Metro MG Turbo

1986 Maestro MG (GOING TURBO)
    1989 Maestro MG Turbo '#370'

1988 Montego MG Turbo 'SAD'
    1988 Montego MG Estate 'F700'

1995 Land Rover 110

2004 Rover Streetwise Td

Originally posted by bodgit0_0 View Post
    Whilst popping to the shop for my lunch today, I was waved down as I left the carpark by a gentleman who has asked if I'd be interested in a 3000 mile maestro.

The owner of the car passed away 4 years ago and then 2 years after the executor of his will passed away without actually dealing with the will.

The house is now abandoned and without an owner or claimant as no next of kin are known.

The gentleman who spoke to me today mentioned he is a neighbour and will show me the car if I'm interested?

Obviously it's going to be a minefield if anyone was to want to aquire the car but I'm sure there's no harm in seeing what's hidden away at the abandoned property.
    That could be interesting maybe you could post some pictures

Comment

Sounds very interesting. You going to take a look? Was it mentioned whether the maestro was garaged or left out in the elements?
      MG Maestro Turbo #500
      BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
      Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
      Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

I believe it's garaged, the house is in an ok to nice area. I am back in the area next week so will catch up with the bloke to arrange a quick look.
        Current Fleet.

1981 Metro 'S'
        1985 Metro MG Turbo

1995 Land Rover 110

2004 Rover Streetwise Td

Comment

As above could be very interesting. I wonder which model it is?

Comment

The bloke didn't mention a model but said it was like the one I was in today, the Blue salvage MG?

He also joked about moving in and claiming squatters rights just to get someone in the house as its getting a bit over grown.. I get a couple of pictures if he doesn't mind when I see the place.
            Current Fleet.

1981 Metro 'S'
            1985 Metro MG Turbo

1995 Land Rover 110

2004 Rover Streetwise Td

Comment

Don't put the location up incase the wrong sort read the thread!!

Comment

Hopefully the neighbour will be able to advise you who the original owner's solicitor was, so that any interested party in the Maestro can approach them direct and see what the process would be, as the original executor is no longer alive.

Comment

Originally posted by David3500 View Post
                  Hopefully the neighbour will be able to advise you who the original owner's solicitor was, so that any interested party in the Maestro can approach them direct and see what the process would be, as the original executor is no longer alive.
                  Or even if they know who the executor was, as their family may know more about solicitors than the neighbour. Just a thought......
                  Membership Secretary
                  Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
                  2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
                  1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

Working...
                  X