So it's goodbye from him...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So it's goodbye from him...

Earlier this year it occurred to me that I had booked 3 holidays up to the end of September and none of them involved camping. Also my father sadly passed away aged 87, so I was looking forward at least 10 months where I would have no use for my 700 camper. Every time I looked at her there was another small blemish or rust patch and of course I couldn't get her in the garage as there wasn't the headroom. Her Perkins engine was as lively as ever and she was a superb drive so it was with a heavy heart that I had to let her go. I traded her to a dealer (after having zero private interest) who is a carp fisherman and will use her for night fishing. He is also a classic enthusiast (he's restoring a 1968 Austin 1300!) so she has gone to a good home. I still have my Metro and the car for which I traded her, so I can't imagine I'll be doing any more Maestro-ing in the near future. Therefore hail & farewell chaps, enjoy your motors and thanks for having me; it's been fun.
    K687PDL Maestro 700 Camper Van. 'Winnie', short for Winnebago and M791BMR Rover Metro 1.1 Rio Grande 'Poppet'. The White Fleet.

I am always sorry to read when someone decides to leave the forum because they no longer own a Maestro or Montego. If your interest in these humble 1980s and 1990s saloons, estates and vans is still there, even if you no longer own one or don't currently have one, please stay with us.

My own MG Maestro was accident-damaged eight years ago and is awaiting a ground-up rebuild - I am now looking at next year due to the need to sort out a leaking garage first. However, the interest and enthusiasm for Maestros and Montegos is still there and I still feel part of the community, even if I don't have the car to show and share.

Interest and enthusiasm are definitely what count.

Comment

Originally posted by David3500 View Post
      I am always sorry to read when someone decides to leave the forum because they no longer own a Maestro or Montego. If your interest in these humble 1980s and 1990s saloons, estates and vans is still there, even if you no longer own one or don't currently have one, please stay with us.

My own MG Maestro was accident-damaged eight years ago and is awaiting a ground-up rebuild - I am now looking at next year due to the need to sort out a leaking garage first. However, the interest and enthusiasm for Maestros and Montegos is still there and I still feel part of the community, even if I don't have the car to show and share.

Interest and enthusiasm are definitely what count.

couldn't say it better myself
      MG Maestro turbo 437
      367 Bhp

Comment

I fully agree too. Trouble is though, it says 'Owners Club' up there ^^^ not 'Enthusiasts Club'. Maybe that's why ex-owners, or enthusiasts who have maybe never owned an MM, perhaps feel they are not welcome. Which is not true of course.
        Regards
        John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
        MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Sorry to see you go Martyn, it's been a pleasure mate!

On another note i am not so sure he is going to be using your campervan for night fishing...
          http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...Cnew?logcode=p

Comment

Working...
          X