Raise a Glass to... 30 Years of the MG Maestro EFi & 2.0i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raise a Glass to... 30 Years of the MG Maestro EFi & 2.0i

Yes, it is hard to believe but today (3rd October) is the thirtieth anniversary when the MG Maestro EFi/2.0i was formally announced.

With its torquey 2-litre engine and hearty performance, this was my first foray into Maestros, with the love affair lasting over 25 years. To read all about the history of this unsung hero in the history of hot-hatcbacks, please visit: http://www.aronline.co.uk/blogs/ar-c...estro-2-0-efi/

This is an article I have written specially for this special anniversary.

In the meantime, raise your can of Quattro fizzy pop and salute 30 years of the MG Maestro EFi and 2.0i!

I'll wait until I'm safely back in the flat and raise a can of Ruddles County in celebration of this anniversary, well knowing that 30 years ago I'd just started year 2 of my degree course. That makes me feel very old.
    M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
    Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

I was just finishing my YTS with British Rail, my parents bought me a ticket for a trip to the motor show that year as a birthday present. The EFi was the star of the show to me,mind I also had a thing about the maestro van which was at the same show,as an allegro owner at the time I thought its headlights made it look more of an allegro evolution than the car... I was only 17
      Strange that 30 years later I have both the van and the EFi

Comment

Originally posted by Russ View Post
        I was just finishing my YTS with British Rail, my parents bought me a ticket for a trip to the motor show that year as a birthday present. The EFi was the star of the show to me,mind I also had a thing about the maestro van which was at the same show,as an allegro owner at the time I thought its headlights made it look more of an allegro evolution than the car... I was only 17
        Strange that 30 years later I have both the van and the EFi

Do you recall the colour of the MG Maestro EFi that was on the Austin Rover stand at the 1984 British Motor Show, held at the NEC? Also, for the Rover SD1 Vitesse which had just been announced with the deep front air-dam as found on the European Touring Car versions?

Comment

I'd forgotten about the vittesse with the spoiler, i do recall been a little disappointed that it had no fog lamps, so had a switch blank!!! When your 17 switches were important
          I'm sorry David i can't really remember what colour they were. Something tells me the rover was monza red.
          The maestro may have been black

Comment

Working...
          X