93 maestro catalyst

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lostinthepast View Post
    Sorry, I am a bit confused by what you said "It needs timing change AND additive to run on unleaded"
    Exactly what I said.

A timing change is needed to run on the lower RON fuel (95 vs 97) - I've assumed you'll be running standard unleaded not super unleaded.

Additive is needed to prevent valve seat recession as the valve seats aren't lubricated by the lead in the fuel.
    www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
    www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
    www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Originally posted by maestro dave View Post
      My car is a 1994 petrol clubman , so I take it I will now need to find a system with a cat for my cars next test , as it was removed long before I bought the car, and where can I find one?
      In theory yes. In practice many MOT testers won't notice if it all looks original. I'd simply remove the catalyst badge!

Otherwise if you do find you need a cat then you can get clamp in ones to fit into the original exhaust or they are available if you search hard enough.
      www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
      www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
      www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

re cat

regarding the cat you need the front down pipe and the middle section both fitted with the flange fitting as well to make up the complet system

Comment

I just bought the car, and it's running exceptionally well, so i guess the timing has already been done.

Comment

Thanks for the all the advice.

Comment

2nd that

Comment

Working...
              X