What's it worth...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's it worth...

G-plate Grey 1.6 estate (face lift). 27k, 3 owners, perfect dash. Bit of tidying needed on the bodywork, just surface bubbling but no rot. Bad bit is it's stolen/recovered bit only needs a lockset.

My local breakers has got it from auction so I can't imagine they paid much for it but I'm interested in saving it from the crusher as it's not got a destruction marker on it. Someone muttered £500, which they can jog on with, I'm thinking £300 tops?

Originally posted by bigrct View Post
    G-plate Grey 1.6 estate (face lift). 27k, 3 owners, perfect dash. Bit of tidying needed on the bodywork, just surface bubbling but no rot. Bad bit is it's stolen/recovered bit only needs a lockset.

My local breakers has got it from auction so I can't imagine they paid much for it but I'm interested in saving it from the crusher as it's not got a destruction marker on it. Someone muttered £500, which they can jog on with, I'm thinking £300 tops?
    Definitely worth £300 if it is salvageable as you say.
    1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

Comment

So might have done the deal at £350, question is K4 1.8t or KV6?!

Comment

Stone Grey? I know this car... not great especially given the mileage but still not a shonker!

If memory serves, you sold the bloke a rear bumper for it.

Engine? I'm assuming that keeping it S series isn't an option for you - and I'm sure someone on here will have a 27k mile S series off you if you don't need it elsewhere. I'd like to see a KV6 in one, and you're been blathering on about doing that for at least 2 years now. Go for it.
        Sam Skelton

RED995R - Triumph Stag - Once shot by Sir Patrick Stewart.
        E225CMV - Austin Montego 2.0HL - "Like an MG on weed!"
        H475PDA - Rover Montego DSLX auto - Possibly unique
        J615NJU - SAAB 9000 2.3 Turbo - Replacing gearbox. Then selling..
        L384WRH - Citroen XM TCT SEi auto - The Starship Francoprise...
        OV02MZY - Volvo V70 T5 SE - Replaced by above. For sale soon.
        PA02DXB - Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE auto - Bought because it was cheap. Fleet getting out of hand now.

Comment

Christ is it that car?! Bumper obviously never made it on to the car haha! It's not too bad body wise, arches/sills are solid just surface scabbing, bit of a doggy drivers front wing but on the face of it not too bad. Worst bit is that it'll need a full lock set and the passenger rear door is damaged requiring replacement but Rimmers have them cheap.

Really can't decide between KV6 or 1.8t, bit of a 1.8t convert these days but I think the size/purpose of an estate fits more with the V6 idea, and I have rough ZS180 parked down the side of the shop ready for breaking

Comment

G793NHD? If so, it's that car.
            Sam Skelton

RED995R - Triumph Stag - Once shot by Sir Patrick Stewart.
            E225CMV - Austin Montego 2.0HL - "Like an MG on weed!"
            H475PDA - Rover Montego DSLX auto - Possibly unique
            J615NJU - SAAB 9000 2.3 Turbo - Replacing gearbox. Then selling..
            L384WRH - Citroen XM TCT SEi auto - The Starship Francoprise...
            OV02MZY - Volvo V70 T5 SE - Replaced by above. For sale soon.
            PA02DXB - Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE auto - Bought because it was cheap. Fleet getting out of hand now.

Comment

Working...
            X