maestro rebuilding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maestro rebuilding

Does anyone know where I can get a set of both sides rear arch replacement panels for a maestro turbo? ?

Gonna bite the bullet and replace both know there's going to be no trouble later then

Cheers
    Andy

oop think there should be some metal here

http://

Comment

I bought that panel from Rimmer Bros, it arrived today. about £12.
      http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-BEP1012

BUT, having just looked closely at the picture I've bought a metal bumper one. ARSE. BUT, I'm assuming that I can make it fit without too much bother.

Ian
      Ian Drew
      MG Maestro Turbo '400'
      MG ZT V8
      Rover 75 V6 Estate

Comment

I've just been.looking at that. Might order one and if no good will cut my own out on the laser to suit.
        Hardest nit of this rebuild jobby is finding original panels they are like rocking horse poo arrgghj

Think a lot is going to be custom made to suit

Comment

Made a bit of progress today. Turns out boot floor had gone about and inch back and both boot panels inner and outer

Cut out the floor and welded in a strengthening angle and made up a complete boot panel Inc lip to pick up boot floor
          All welded up and just need couple of mounting holes drill and inner boot panel Needs bit if tweaking and fully welding

bit of tiger seal to neaten up and good few coats of primer needed now

arch and sills next
          Last edited by sportingfiat; 11th April 2014, 21:06.

Comment

A lot of good work going on there - decent mig welder too. Nice job - keep up the good work - I'll be watching this restoration thread with great interest.

www.mgmaestroturbo.com Home of the Twincharged Maestro.

2014 Vauxhall Mokka 4x4 Turbo - Tech line

Comment

It's slow progress as it's random places the rust has took hold and trying to make new pieces out of zintec to at least give that bit extra protection

Hoping this weekend to remove rear beam and strip and send off for powder coating and totally rust eater and rust proof the back underside

Hoping for a completion this time next year

Comment

Coming on well that, keep up the good work.
                I have arch panels coming in a couple of weeks, they are the metal bumper type but can be modified if been informed.
                I also have Maestro sills being delivered so if you want any let me know.
                1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
                1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
                2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
                2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Today's mission remake a panel for the inside of the boot

Been a right pig but couple of 50mm holes to do and bit of paint to tidy up

Least I know the boot is actually solid now

Comment

Good work!

Comment

Working...
                    X