J567 SRP Monty Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J567 SRP Monty Turbo

Im trying to trace my old monty, i owned her around 10 years ago, she had a folder full of all the restoration photo's, full bodykit, it was the TWR one i think as opposed to the tickford, mgf alloys and it was lowered at the front but not the rear, i doubt its for sale but even if its not, i would like to contact the present owner just to see how she is doing, i checked on the dvla website and it has been sorn for ages but got taxed on jan 1st so she is still on the road, can anyone help me or does anyone know of the car, seen it any shows, i p/x it for a 620 ti in derbyshire in 2002 i think, or very early 2003. please please help me!!!!!

It's still around.

Thats good news,

I wonder if it was one of the green ones that was on ebay earlier last year.

Mal.

Comment

J567 SRP

It was a green one, there is a photo on the mgm website of one that looks just like it, and its got a private plate, but i have checked and its an 89', mine was a sept 91', still hoping though

Comment

TWR not Tickford.
        Tickford never did a Montego bodykit. The Austin Rover one was made by Wood & Pickett.

What was the TWR one like? Do you have any pictures of the car?

Comment

I was just going by what the moto-build people told me when i bought the car, from what i can remember there was a yellow montego with a bodykit in revs a long time ago, that was quite angular, the one i had on mine was smoother, there is one on the mg 'm' website from a mg saloon day around 5-6 years ago, i thought it was mine tbh, it looked just the same, even had similar wheels but it was an 89', i will have a look and post the link, thanks, added two photo's to my album, not sure if i have done it right, hope you can view them
          Last edited by pscnotts; 12th February 2012, 19:10.

Comment

Well this one is the Wood & Picket kit:

Montegos never had a "Tickford" kit like the Maestro.

I cannot remember for the life of me the name of the kit on this car which you mention though:

Comment

thanks for the info, the green one is like my old montego's long lost twin, they are identical, someone must know where it is

Comment

IIRC the yellow monty is fitted with the "Deep Star" Body Kit

Comment

Originally posted by pscnotts View Post
                  someone must know where it is
                  Yeah: DVLA, but they won't tell you. You'd think that they could at least pass-on communication to the existing owner, but the problem is it would open the floodgates to people wanting to trace the current owners of their old cherished cars.

From the opposite perspective, I've always wanted to track-down the first private owner of one of my MG turbos, G51 NAV, even just to let him or his surviving family know that his car still lives. I know his name and his then-address, but I've never been able to find any conclusive-enough matches in the online directories.

If he or his family can at least remember the reg-number, it's not too difficult to Google it and a find a million and one matches, because I use it's reg-plate as an ID on nearly every car-forum I've joined.
                  Regards
                  John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
                  MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Have you tried sending a letter to the address that you do have John?

Comment

I've thought about it a few times; maybe address it to him and add "(or Next of Kin)" after his name. Figured what have I got to lose...but then I never do it. I always chicken-out, thinking either it'll just get returned "not known at this address" or worse still, that maybe I'll be stirring-up memories that someone would rather forget, particularly if he's died (which I suspect is possible; he had what I consider to be an elderly-person's name).

It's 21 years this year since G51 NAV was bought as an ex-demo car by its first private owner. You know what, I think tonight I'll go on Google Street View and find the exact house that it first lived at
                      Regards
                      John Orrell

MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

they said that they wanted me to fill out the V888 form, its only a fiver, not sure what else to do!

Comment

Hello,
                          While doing a search for my MG i found your post, So registered and am sending this to you.
                          Im the owner of J567 SRP and am guessing I have been since yourself.
                          If you want to get in touch I've PM'D you
                          Many thanks
                          David

Comment

Unlikely he'll see this unless he has notifications turned on to email him when he receives a PM. His account has been inactive since July 2012. Instead you can email him by clicking on his name and selecting 'send email' or perhaps you could ask a Mod to email him directly at the address he registered with.
                            Regards
                            John Orrell

MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Originally posted by dave198421 View Post
                              Hello,
                              While doing a search for my MG i found your post, So registered and am sending this to you.
                              Im the owner of J567 SRP and am guessing I have been since yourself.
                              If you want to get in touch I've PM'D you
                              Many thanks
                              David
                              Hi David, post some pictures up, always want to see MG Monty Turbos
                              1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                              1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
                              1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                              2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
                              2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

Working...
                              X