Grooved discs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grooved discs

Hoping someone can give me some advice here. I need to get some pads and discs for my MG. Ive seen some grooved / vented discs on ebay by a company called 'berts bits'. Now, when it comes to brake parts i always like to buy from a trusted name, and ive never heared of these before. I looked on their website and it all looks pretty good, but im still unsure. Has anybody got any of these discs on their car? Would you recomend them or should i just stay with what i know are good.

Stick with what you trust mate , no corner cutting on brakes

Comment

cheers mate, ive just been down to halfrauds to see if i could get some and they're not listed! I think im right in saying that early mgf discs are the same? When i said this to the monkeys they said 'dont be silly mate, its a completly different car' i asked to see some and they appear to be the same, but after what he said i said ill go and talk to someone who knows what hes talking about. i dont think he liked that much! And at £30 a pop, i know i can get them cheaper.

Comment

Have you looked at the website we have a discount offer with at a moment, as they are doing lots of brake offers at the moment and do lots of EBC stuff.

Members get further discount on top, so if you find something email me for the details

http://www.maestro.org.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=4171
        Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

Comment

Just checked and they have got front vented ebc discs, incl grooved.

Codes are :

D228: Vented Discs
          GD228: Grooved Vented Discs

D012: Solid discs
          DM034: Rear Drums

Just insert the part numbers as unfortunately they don't list them in their online catalogue although they do sell them.

Brakepad codes are:-

Original Fronts: DP647
          Upgraded Fronts: DP2467

Rear shoes: 6342
          Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

Comment

ignore what i put in the other thread. thanks for the numbers, i found the discs but the code for the pads didnt work. after all that ive realised the car comes off the road at the end of the month so the discs can wait, no point them going rusty over the winter, ill just get some pads for now. took the wheel of earlier and it appears one of the pads has broken up! slight mark on the disc but nothing to worry about for now. ill do the upgrade when it goes back on the road next year. thanks again for the help.

Comment

Working...
            X