• Show
Clear All

• Maestro City - Beige Bargain on Ebay

Low mileage, one elderly owner......

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=4543996518

The wife said no...

Originally posted by darrenandsarah
    The wife said no...
    I don't blame her, she is obviously a lady of fine taste.

That Maestro is quite the nastiest example of the marque I think I have ever seen. I'm thinking of buying it so that nobody else ever has to see it again! :laugh:

No wonder it's low mileage - would you want to be seen in a 1275cc hearing aid?

The only way you could get away with it is if it were in completely mint condition inside and out...!

PS looking at it again I think it maybe the wheel trims that are offending me so deeply.
    Last edited by SimonR; 18th April 2005, 09:17. Reason: added the post-script
    You can contact me by clicking here.
    Owner of E760 DRY - Mk. 2 Shantung Gold Maestro Vanden Plas 2.0 EFi

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done. - Sir Peter Ustinov.

Comment

I went to view this car a couple of weekends ago, it's not as good as it looks in the pictures - the rust around the rear arches and under the sills appears to have just been painted in black 'hammered effect' Hammerite! I have some more photos of it on my home computer if anyone would like me to post them up later...

Oh, and the funny bit? She wanted £200 for it when I went to see it!

Comment

Originally posted by F153JUE
        I
        PS looking at it again I think it maybe the wheel trims that are offending me so deeply.
        yes, they are quite hideous aren't they!? :toothy:

Comment

Originally posted by F153JUE
          No wonder it's low mileage - would you want to be seen in a 1275cc hearing aid?
          I wouldn't mind you don't see many in that colour so it makes you be seen and be different

Plus dare I admit it Beige is one of my fave colurs
          Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

Comment

That mini yesterday at Gaydon in hearing aid beige was rather nice, I have to admit

I very nearly bought this car simply because it's different - until she told me how much she wanted for it!

Comment

Oh god it's awful. The colour is bilious and the trim strip down the side clashes horribly. As mentioned above, the cheap wheel trims are dreadful. I have never seen a Maestro more in need of a good crushing (except perhaps Dan's Turdbo... ).

Comment

I wouldn't mind you don't see many in that colour so it makes you be seen and be different

Plus dare I admit it Beige is one of my fave colurs
                good to hear I wasn't the only person thinking that.....

cars like that probably need saving more than any VP etc. The fact it's in that colour makes it more interesting to me, it's one of those typical BL colours that you rarely see these days.

Andy
                CURRENT FLEET:
                1986 (C) Montego 1.6 HL Estate - Owned since Feb 2011
                1990 (H) Maestro 1.3 LX -Owned since December 2001
                1978 (T) Chrysler Avenger 1.6GL - Owned since April 2011
                2006 (06) Ford Focus Titanium 1.8 TDCi - Owned since Feb 2007
                1972 (L) - Hillman Avenger 1500 Super - Owned Since July 2012

Comment

Originally posted by H48HPE
                  good to hear I wasn't the only person thinking that.....

cars like that probably need saving more than any VP etc. The fact it's in that colour makes it more interesting to me, it's one of those typical BL colours that you rarely see these days.

Andy
                  I'd say you're definitely in the minority.

1989 MG Maestro Turbo no.399

1994 Maestro Clubman Turbo Diesel

Comment

Steady on chaps, I had an allegro that was very nearly the same colour and trim pattern, ok so it was unreliable and just a little rusty but it had personality.

On second thoughts I walked home regularly

I hate it...... :laugh:

Comment

I nearly got an X-reg Austin Princess 1700L in beige, but its tyres were slashed and it was towed away as abandoned after I had viewed but before I could get my hands on it.

Instead, I got my Monty soon after, and the rest is history...

:laugh:
                      Rich Smith

"Joe", aka "The Ryton Express", aka E838 VJO. Peugeot 309SR main car
                      "Kryten", aka A560 SCW. Left hand drive MG Maestro 1600 'R' second in command
                      "Fleagle", aka F929 NNA. Montego 1.6L saloon stored, status "doubts set in"
                      "Cracow", aka CCW 925Y Maestro Vanden Plas - the oldest known to the Club stored, status "will fight another day - eventually"

You can email me here

Comment

Even my 'turmeric' SD1 was more tastefull

Comment

Working...
                        X