Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Non runner s-series ( D203WDO )

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Non runner s-series ( D203WDO )

    Ive tried everything so now am asking for help hear now. I have rebuilt my s-series engine and HIF 44 carb and just connected the wiring loom and coil and jerry can of fuel next to the engine. Am getting spark when am cranking the engine over at the ingtion barrel but theres just not a glimmer of hope of the engine running.

    Ive taken the spark plugs out and cranked the engine over and petrol just pores out each hole and I have now ajusted the fuel mix ratio to very lean but the fuel still pores out the holes. Ive had the carb in bits on my work bench and back together but the petrol still pores out the spark plug holes and if I hold the piston damper up the fuel just pores out the jet hole like a kids super soaker water gun ?


    I have no montego anymore

  • #2
    If you take the carb off and remove the bottom cover, blow through the fuel inlet whilst lifting the plastic float. If the needle valve is working correctly you won't be able to blow through it when the float is lifted up. And it should drop back down nicely when the float is released. Also worth checking the float does not leak - obviously it won't float if it's filling with petrol.

    Comment


    • #3
      Hi

      It could be just the way the photo is taken but the route the fuel inlet pipe appears to be taking makes it look like it is connected to the float chamber vent rather than the fuel inlet.?

      Is this engine carb and inlet manifold all original to the vehicle?

      Comment


      • #4
        Engine manifold and carb are all orignal and you were right about the fuel pipe I swaped it over and it fired allmost straght away

        Heres a video of the moment
        http://flic.kr/p/dsyw2e
        I have no montego anymore

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Craig Anderson View Post
          Engine manifold and carb are all orignal and you were right about the fuel pipe I swaped it over and it fired allmost straght away
          Hi that must have been a relief

          It would be worth changing the oil though now, because it will have become diluted with fuel now.

          Comment


          • #6
            Ah well spotted... glad you got it running

            Comment


            • #7
              Don't ya just love it when it starts up great feeling. I got the same after starting up my facelift turbo after 6 years of non running
              1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
              1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
              1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
              2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
              2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by G Force View Post
                Hi that must have been a relief

                It would be worth changing the oil though now, because it will have become diluted with fuel now.
                Thanks guys, Yes it was a relief

                So I take it changeing the oil is due to the petrol that was pouring in the cylinders that could have seeped past the piston rings ect.

                I did soak up the petrol as I saw it was pooling on top of the pistons so I ramed a cloth down each hole, So it haddent been sitting longer than a minute so I should be ok.
                I have no montego anymore

                Comment

                Working...
                X