Austin Montego 1.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austin Montego 1.3

Is there any way to tell from outside what is the manufacture year of Austin Montego 1.3?

I am passing every day on my way to work by Austin Montego 1.3 covered with thick layer of dust without plates (now) and deflated front tyres.

Bodywork seems in very good shape for the car. There is still blue plated Montego badge on the front.

I was wondering why that car is not driven for such a long time?

What could be the year of manufacture?

Is there problem of unleaded petrol, maybe?

Rear badges says Austin on the left Montego on the right and below montego badge there is 1.3 sign. It is exported LHD car with black bumpers and claret finishers.

The usual way to tell is by style of badge is on the front. It changed a few times and can give you a rough idea of the car's age by what design is used on the badge. Another good indicator of its age would be the layout of the controls on the dashboard.

Maybe you could get a picture for us?

Comment

Thank you for the answer. I can not see the dashborad due to thick layer of dust on windows.

I will see if I can get some pictures of the car in following week...

Comment

I think the base Montego's had a black front grill & rear badge, no wheel trims - the wheels were steels with sets of 3 small holes together & no door exterior side mouldings.
        They also had the Metro "A" frame headrests & Marle seat fabric (early models).

Comment

Early ones had a black grille, later ones had a body coloured grille. Boot lid lettering was silver.

Comment

Working...
          X