Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MG 1600 Weber carbs - what do yours look like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MG 1600 Weber carbs - what do yours look like?

Anyone got any photos they can upload of their carbs, please? Pics from any angle would be of use -including the standard airbox.

The reason I ask is that:
    a) Nick spotted that one of the twin choke Webers has a clear plastic pipe on its rear side that appears to link two 8mm long metal pipes (pointing rearwards). However, the other carb did not have this, although one of the 2 pipes was sealed with a bolt down the plastic pipe (the other metal pipe was too close to other stuff to get at its open end, so it is suspected that this may still be leaking air into the carb and causing a bit of rough running.
    b) The induction roar is deafening with the current foam air filter (and no airbox) + it also sucks hot air into the carbs so we are considering making an airbox for it to solve the noise/air density issue

This is the car in question, FYI:
    http://www.maestro.org.uk/forums/sho...787#post144787
    Last edited by John C; 22nd January 2012, 21:31.

Originally posted by John C View Post
    a) Nick spotted that one of the twin choke Webers has a clear plastic pipe on its rear side that appears to link two 8mm long metal pipes (pointing rearwards).
    My car has this link pipe too. It's not a standard fit, but seems to have been widely used in motorsport circles.

b) The induction roar is deafening with the current foam air filter (and no airbox) + it also sucks hot air into the carbs so we are considering making an airbox for it to solve the noise/air density issue
    No MG1600 racer has ever had any success with airboxes. I've tried a couple of designs on a rolling road, but always the car produced more power with the standard (well, ok motorsport standard - K&N or Pipercross) foam filter.

You can instead put some pipes in the engine bay to channel cold air towards the filter.

Comment

You've put twin webers on and you are complaining of the induction roar? Ha ha! That is funny! What did you expect?

Comment

The Webers were standard fit -I didn't put them on!

Comment

Working...
        X